Virginia

Venue Suggestions?!

FI and I are planning an outdoor ceremony and outdoor reception for October (ish) of next year.  We havent finalized a date with anyone  yet...we're trying to find the perfect venue, so we're flexible on date.  But the biggest roadblock I keep hitting is places offer a beautiful outdoor ceremony location, but have this horrid looking hotel ballroom-esqu indoor space. 

We want something pretty, lots of greens/trees/flowers, rustic, country, barn....something along those lines.  We are having a semi small wedding, 75 no more than 100 people.  But I dont want to have it tented either!  Time of day doesnt matter, we plan on doing a heavy hor douerves cocktail-ish party.  Everything as far as decor goes will be DIY....

I have this beautiful vision for the day, but can't find an AFFORDABLE venue.  Any ideas would really help!  We are from Va Beach, and dont want to travel more than 3 or 4 hours MAX.
Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Venue Suggestions?!

• edited December 2011
    I have one for you. it's called The Inn at Willow Grove. It's in Orange, Va. It's about 3 hrs. & 9 mins. away from you. It has beautiful ceremony grounds & a gorgeous up to date barn which can seat about 150. Here's the link http://theinnatwillowgrove.com/unexpected-details-hidden-escapes/celebrate/weddings-and-celebrations/

• edited December 2011
    Also, you could try The Stable at Bluemont Vineyard. It's in Reston, Va which is about 3 hrs. & 44 mins. away. The prices aren't posted, but in an email I was told.... 

The Stable at Bluemont Vineyard
    This is our most popular wedding location. It has an amazing view of the Loudoun Valley,with a temperature controlled reception space and stone like floor. The lawn offers the perfect setting for ceremonies while the veranda nicely accommodates cocktails with a view. Pricing ranges from $3000- $5000 and varies by time of year and day of the week. The Stable rate includes round tables, white bistro chairs and rectangular service tables for cake, gifts, etc. Seating capacity up to 200 inside with the ability to tent buffet space for up to 250 guests.

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen both of those and they are really beautiful, but a little out of our price range.  I really don't want to spend 3K plus on just the venue rental.  Thanks for the help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You're welcome. I completely understand. I'm head over heels in love with the first one, but the venue itself is our whole budget. If I find something else, I will definitely let you know.:) 
  • edited December 2011
    try the freight shed in Yorktown. 
  • cyifly98cyifly98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I am having my wedding at Hunt Club Farm in Virginia Beach.  It is beautiful and very reasonable price wise.  There are several options as well on the farm where you may have the ceremony and reception.  The barn, greenhouse, etc... Might be worth checking out.  Good luck!!!
  • sassybananasassybanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I scoured many different places to try to find the ideal venue-nice outdoor and indoor space for an affordable price. I have a few suggestions:
    #1. In Richmond, the Main Street Train Station is very reasonable and you get, in my opinion, a lot. Downside is--no outside ceremony space, but there is two floors that you can have the ceremony break for cocktail hour and then back up to the same room for the reception. If you have your heart set on outdoor ceremony (I did as well)..The Edgar Allan Poe Museum is .7 blocks away and has a very quaint outdoor garden. Both have prices listed on their website.
    #2. White Hall Vineyard was beautiful also--mountain backdrop, nice reception space but it was a little tiny for my 120 person guest list. I thought that it was a very fair price at $2200 because the room had oriental rugs, hardwood floors, exposed wooden beams, a fireplace and outdoor balconies.
    #3. Stone Fire Station -it may be a little out of the venue price range, but they provide all of the chairs, tables, linens, plates, etc. As well as the catering. The outdoor area is not breathtaking, but they have an inside area for a ceremony.
    The woman in charge seems very reasonable and has been in the catering/party rental business for many years- so you know the event would go smoothly. I feel like she would try to meet your budget and could do so by cutting back the food or some other area of the package.

So, I hope this helps-the venue was very challenging for me until I increased the budget!

• nikkinarginikkinargi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Hermitage Hill Farm and Stables - They are near Charlottesville and affordable in the sense that many vineyard require you buy a minimum amount of wine. So that automatically ups your bill. They are about 3 hours from VA beach and it is quite beautiful.
    There website is http://www.hermitagehillfarm.com
    thanks
    nikki
  • edited December 2011
     The historic Goodstone Inn is set amidst 265 acres of Virginia's famous hunt and wine country. We offer 18 luxury guestrooms situated in six individual residences.The natural beauty of the estate’s rolling pastures; with the Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance create a picturesque backdrop for a romantic wedding Call or email:
    Michelle Stanley
    540-687-3092michellestanley@goodstone.comwww.goodstone.com/">www.goodstone.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards