Virginia

C-ville Officiant Recommendations

My fiance and I are getting married at King Family Vineyards in September 2012 and are trying to find a ceremony officiant. Does anyone have any recommendations and do you know how much they typicall cost? We'd prefer a non-religious one, but are open to ones that are spiritual. Thanks!

Re: C-ville Officiant Recommendations

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go to the County Courthouse, they have  a printed list of magistrates who are available for wedding ceremonies.   They might even have this on their website.

You could also look into the Unitarian Church -- I know that they often do interfaith/spriritual ceremies that are not necessarily religious.  I don't know if they will marry you if you're not a member of their church, but someone else might know. 
    DSC_9275
  • Cocobean77Cocobean77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I did a bunch of google searches/weddingwire, etc for an officiant. I am getting married at CrossKeys Vineyard in Harrisonburg, VA. (and we live in DC)
     I found Lance Orndorff http://www.weddingsbylance.com, and this is who we are using. He does all types of ceremonies (including non-denomination and non-religous) and actually let's you create your own using samples from his site. We had a skype call with him, and thought he was a good fit for us. He also has received a ton of reviews on weddingwire that were favorable. His costs were also good compared to others in that area that I had contacted.

Hope this helps :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Claire Goodman - she's married half of Charlottesville.  No joke.  She seems lovely, but the volume of weddings she's done is the reason we didn't look into her.  Every other Cvile wedding I see is done by her.

Claire now has two "associates" that work with her. 

Rev. Jack Shea - Former Catholic priest, now married.  Lives in Nelson County.  I don't know much, but he was recommended by a wedding planner

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards