Virginia
Options

Charlottesville Brides

Any other Charlottesville brides out there? I am a Budget Bride in need of inexpensive wedding venues.. Is it bad that I want it all and cheap? Ideally, I would be bringing in my own food, alcohol, flowers, and cake (I am willing to buy/bring everything down to the plate if I can get a good deal). Would also like it to be several areas for ceremony/cocktails/seated dinner.
Prefereably fall-time mountain backdrop.

Any tips on negotiating with venues to maybe cut costs? Or am I going to have to compromise on season/food/scenery?

Re: Charlottesville Brides

• Options
    CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Cville!

What kind of venue are you looking for?  I've heard Live Arts is very reasonable, as are a few of the smaller inns (out towards Gordonsville/Orange).

How many guests are you expecting?

I know someone who got married here and I don't think it was very expensive: http://www.goldenhorseshoeinn.com/

Afton Winery might have the scenery you'd want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just saw your other thread and your budget is $1000.  What about a church hall or Elks Club (over by Darden Towe)? 

Since you have property, you can do it at home and have more of a BBQ/picnic instead of a sit down dinner.

This is Virginia!  The BBQ would be a hit and it won't be too expensive.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ALSO, get an appointment at Bella Rosa in Richmond for this weekend IMMEDIATELY!  They are selling their samples and many of the dresses are only $99! 

You can get a dress that is far, far superior to David's Bridal for David's Bridal pricing!

Bella Rosa is right in Short Pump, not far at all.  Do it! :)

http://www.bellarosabridal.com/
  • Options
    sassybananasassybanana member
    edited December 2011
    My budget is larger than 1000..Luckily.

Random Row Bookstore will do an event for $350 with PA, tables, chairs, and overhead projector..

I'm hoping to invite around 125..
    Considering Sweely Winery, StoneFire Station, and there is a local cidery that just opened..

I have been trying to nail down a budget with my mom, so still in the initial brainstorming/planning phases.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Charlottesville too!!! We were originally trying to do a low budget wedding, but I was stressing over everything so much that my dad finally sat me down and told me they wanted this day to be perfect and that they had set aside a bunch of money for me, so it has quickly gotten very very expensive... I'm trying to save on certain things, but we splurged BIG time on the venue (King Family Vineyard!)... I figure that's the one thing that I'll remember for sure about the day, so I wanted that to be perfect. We got a killer DJ (Derek Tobler) so that's all that really matters for me :) We love our caterer, so I'm so so excited about how things are shaping up!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I did a lot of shopping for caterers and went with Simply Delicious. They're giving us a TON of food at a REALLY good price (beat everyone else by $30 per person) with tons of hordeourves, shrimp cocktail, two plated dinners, and to go food. And we get to buy our own alcohol.

David Jones Photographer was definately the cheepest and he seems like a really nice guy.

Still looking for a florist and makeup artist.

You will have to compromise on somehing if you want everything and want to pay very little. My mom's a negotiatior at heart and her tried and true line that works, simply state "Is that the best price you can do?" and then look them in the eye and don't say anything until they give you an answer. I got $15 off per room per night that way. Also, be honest and say that XYZ gave you a quoted price. I also found some people are more willing to negotiate on price if you buy off season. I got $500 off my dress because I bought in off wedding dress season. One caterer knocked $10 off per person since we were booking in advance. (we didn't go with that one, but it was still all because I asked). Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards