Virginia
Options

Has any one bought their dress in Church Street Bridal?lynchburg,va

I have hear many read a few reviews on this bridal shop but need more feedback.I am planning make a trip there in a month or two.What should i expect??what should i know?

If  anyone  has pictures and prices of their purchases post them please!!!

also about Church Street Bridal, Too and Church Street Couture

Church Street Bridal

626 Church St.
Lynchburg, Virginia 24504

Re: Has any one bought their dress in Church Street Bridal?lynchburg,va

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I haven't heard anything about Church St. Bridal, but if you are coming to Lynchburg, you should also go to Celebration, on Main St.  My daughter had already bought her dress before we moved here, but many people (some in the bridal business, and other aquaitances) highly recommended it.

I bought my MOB dress there and had a chance to see many young ladies trying on their dresses - just beautiful!  Service there is excellent!  Huge variety of sizes.  I went on a Sunday when I knew they were less likely to be busy, but if you are trying to visit both stores with one visit, you may not be able to do this.  But if Church St. Bridal is also open on Sundays, I'd really recommend it.

http://www.celebrationbridal.com/site.html
    MOB - Relocated last summer. Daugher attending grad school out-of-state. So, it is a Destination Wedding for ALL but me and DH! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Savanna111911Savanna111911 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A good friend of mine bought her dress at Church Street. She paid 300 dollars for a regularly priced 3000 dollar Priscilla of Boston gown.  She's very happy with it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mzbbb21mzbbb21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladys for the information.
    karene83:i will defenetly stop by there also
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there and its AMAZING! My dress was originally a kleinfelds that retailed for $5600.00 but i bought it at Church Street for less than $100 (i found it on their sale rack). The dresses are high quality but some of them (especially sale rack dresses) have minor flaws because they were floor samples, overstock, returns, ect. The staff is super! They were so sweet and fun to work with. There are tons of dresses to choose from and even veils, shoes, and accesories too!

They  have two stores; a couture shop and the regular shop. Make sure you visit both since they are just down the street from one another!

I went there just to try dresses on for fun but i found so many dresses I liked at unbeatable prices that it was hard to walk away with just one. I highly reccomend them! Did I mention that all proceeds go to the YWCA?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I puchased my dress at Church Street Couture - it was a $2700 Alita Graham for the Kleinfeld Collection, and I paid less than $300. It was overstock, not a floor sample, and is in PERFECT condition.

The only obstacle I ran into was the fact that I'm small, and it was hard to find a dress in my size - mine was a size 10, so I took it to Celebration on Main Street to have their tailor alter it. He did a FLAWLESS job taking it down to a size 4.

Would definitely recommend CSB for your dress, and Celebration for alterations. Great staff at both businesses...plus, if you choose to purchase from CSB, you can know that the proceeds go to the YWCA's battered women's shelter.

Happy hunting!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards