Virginia

Vendor Reviews (V.Beach/Norfolk)

Ceremony Site: Flora Point Virginia Zoo
Event Staff: Lori Cummings, 757.441.2374  xt 242
Cost: Less than $600

I cannot begin to tell you how amazing the ceremony was. Everything was set up on time, the large and small conference rooms were made available for the wedding party. The florist and musicians said the zoo staff was great to work with.

The gardens were closed to the general zoo guests and only our ceremony guests were allowed to witness our day. The site was clean and beautiful.

Florist: Forget Me Not Florist, Virginia Beach
(757) 431-2300
cost: less than $1500

I will try to post close-ups of the flowers later. The floris was amazing. I went in having no clue what I wanted other than colors. We walked away with beautiful centerpieces, aisle decor, alter pieces, bouquets... etc for under $1500. They were on time and even helped to set up the reception decor OTHER than their own items. You will NOT be impressed when you walk into the shop on Holland Road, but they will knock your socks off on the day of your event!
 Here is a pick that shows my bouquet (sort of)

Photographer: Andrea Simmons of Andrea Leigh Photography
http://www.andrealeighphotography.com/
cost: $1500

The pictures do NOT say enough about Andrea. She brought a second shooter to the event, and worked her tail off the entire time. She was everywhere from standing on chairs to get a perfect shot to laying on the ground for the perfect angle. Her shots were new, fun and kept everyone entertained. I wish I had more words to sing her praises. AHHHHMAZING ANDREA!
you can check out more pics on her blog http://andrealeighphotography.blogspot.com/

Reception Site: Breezy Pointe Officers' Club, NOB Norfolk
Event Staff/ DJ: Matt Kattherman
cost: less than $5000

The food: fantastic, we had a 3 entree buffet with a cordial station and champagne toast, as well as passed appitizers and an open bar for 5 hours.
The music: kept the dance floor full ALL night
The site: clean, beautiful and the staff were sweet as pie and spoiled all of our guests.
Cost: 70 guests, including bar, dj, appitizers and meal... $4650

Cake: Doris at  Lady of Cakes, Virginia Beach, VA
(757) 576-0624
cost $350

Great cake. Our guests loved it and it was beautifully decorated. The cake topper is from justcaketoppers.com DH and I are both military so we thought it was cute. I painted her shoes to match mine.

Re: Vendor Reviews (V.Beach/Norfolk)

• edited December 2011
    Oh I forgot...

Gown and Veil: Maya Couture, Norfolk VA
    (757) 461-1690

The staff was great. They did all of the alterations on time, were a joy to work with and even fixed my little flowergirl's dress with less than 3 days until the big day.

Tux's: Men's Warehouse... I never talked to them, but the guys all LOOKED good and everyone's attire fit.

Rehearsal Dinner: La Pizzeria, Virginia Beach
    (757) 496-2600
    Dennis and the crew were outstanding. We hosted a pizza, wine and beer dinner for over 20 people and it was GREAT. We had the whole dining room, jukebox, pool table and entertainment to ourselves. They had food hot and ready kept the drinks filled and were so much fun -- it was great to RELAX the night before the big day. All for under $300.

Ceremony Musician: Herb Smith guitar
    757.377 9498
    Cost $300

He didn't require any deposit and was so easy to work with it almost made me worry. He showed up on time, brought all of his own gear only required a chair. He played everything we'd asked him to, and entertained our guests before and after the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards