Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Invites

Would like opinions! Which do you like of these?

A) These I redid on magnetstreet.com I changed colors/wording/font/etc (no the font will not be blurred...IDK how that happend :-/ )

B-These are from DB online.

I am wanting to stay near 200.00 for them (ordering 100).  The ones from DB I like a lot more, but are 290ish. The MS ones I like OK and are 220.00ish. I guess I just think the DB are more "suited" with my evening wedding. They look more formal to me I guess. But, I could do lots with that money...buy shoes...use it for gifts...use it for payments..etc. Plus the marine at DB goes with the wedding party attire nicely :)

Opinions?

Re: Invites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the DB ones, but if you like both I would go with the cheaper ones and use the money you save for something else.  If you think about it, the invites are just going to go on someone's fridge and be thrown out later.  I bet you could ask people at your wedding what your invites looked like and they won't be able to tell you.  The money you save could be put to better use.  That's just my opinion.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Invitations were very important to me.  I like the 2nd one $70 more than the first one.
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the 2nd (DB) ones better, too - but I think gauguing it (in the same way Stephie did) is what you should do...
    Do you "like them $70 more"?
    If not - if it's that close of a call - save the money!
  • Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i prefer the 2nd ones
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I prefer the DB invites also. But I'm on the other side of the fence. We made our invites, and they weren't as important to me. I knew people would look at them, and then throw them away after the wedding. Some would even get lost before the wedding. So I wasn't uber concerned about them. Just another perspective. I wouldn't say they're $70 nicer than the first ones, but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the second one more, but if you can really use the money elsewhere I think the first ones are cute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with every one else on liking the 2nd ones. I do feel if you can't afford it you shouldn't do it. There is no reason to go out of your budget for invites IMO. Is there a way to recreate something like this on VP?
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I prefer the 2nd ones too.  Have you checked out Etsy for invitations? You could probably get closer to your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah I've checked VP, ETSY, Michaels, all over! I had trouble finding elegant looking Navy Blue ones with Black and White. Many were navy and green, or yellow..not our colors. I actually just found a coupon for the DB ones, saved me like 30-40.00! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the 2nd ones, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the 2nd one too.     Do they go on sale and/or have you googled for a coupon code online?  I vaguely remember I ordered a sample from DB and they sent a coupon... I think.   That was almost 2 years ago though.

That might help offset the cost a bit?
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:14854737-e39b-48e1-a8f8-6d5908ac86a0Post:19616f1c-2f23-4a05-ad3e-29a1b404f98e">Re: Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah I've checked VP, ETSY, Michaels, all over! I had trouble finding elegant looking Navy Blue ones with Black and White. Many were navy and green, or yellow..not our colors. I actually just found a coupon for the DB ones, saved me like 30-40.00! :)
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

The lady that my invitations did them custom for me (100 for $125 with response cards and envelopes!).  I can give you her email address.  Send her what you'd like and she can recreate them.  Let me know if you want her info!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:14854737-e39b-48e1-a8f8-6d5908ac86a0Post:a8a6b29b-d7e6-48da-bac4-d9d651878271">Re: Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brianna-you got a PM! :)
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

Back atcha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also like the DB ones.  I used DB for our invites and they were great to work with also.  If you can find what you want on Etsy for cheaper I'd go with that option but I really think the 2nd option looks more elegant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is one that is sort of similar to the first and I think is $119 for the invites (for 100).  Also, it's free shipping on orders over $99 

Also, check out zazzle.com.  They have a few on there that are about $1.45 per invite

Hope this helps!
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Megan,  I like the second one much better.  However it is like Stephie said, do you like it $70 more.  I know many people say they just look at them and throw away later, however ours were complete DIY and we spent a lot of time on them.  We got so may compliments on them.  People wrote how much they liked them on the response card, called and told us that, or just brought it up when we saw them.  It always made me feel good to know that people liked them so much.  So just another perspective.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours from zazzle.com and I LOVE them. I got them during a 50% sale so they only cost me about 0.75 each.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards