Virginia

Clifton Inn / Recommendations for Charlottesville area

Hi all,

I'm newly engaged and just starting to search for a venue. Some friends recommended the Clifton Inn, as well as a few vineyards. Does anyone have experience with the Clifton Inn or another location in the Charlottesville area? We are looking to have a classic but laid back wedding.

thanks!

Re: Clifton Inn / Recommendations for Charlottesville area

• scpalmtree06scpalmtree06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any experience with the Clifton Inn specifically, but wanted to suggest the Veritas vineyard in Afton.  They have a beautiful outdoor space with gazebo for the ceremony and in indoor space for the reception.

I'm also from Charlottesville.  Our ceremony will be at the UVa Chapel and the reception will be at the Omni downtown.
  • meldivameldiva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Charlottesville, VA in August!! We are getting married at The King Family Vineyards and it's beautiful! Take a look online. Our guests are staying at Boars Head Inn - it's in Crozet, VA..check it out online..
  • ady2974ady2974 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Afton Mountain Vineyards. It is one of the smaller vineyards so your wedding would need to be on the smaller side but it is absolutely gorgeous. I fall more in love with it each time I visit. Good luck and Congratulations!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also planning a C'ville wedding for next Labor Day wkend. Clifton is indeed amazing, but out of budget for us. We were hoping to book at Keswick Vineyards (new venue for weddings), but they've run into some problems with a neighbor complaining about noise. Fingers crossed they work things out, I looove this venue. I actually logged onto this message board to see if anyone else is waiting to see what happens with Keswick. The waiting is torturous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards