Virginia

Hello, Virginia!

(Crossposted from the June 2012 board)

I've been lurking a bit, so I wanted to introduce myself.  We just set the date for June 30th, 2012 and I could not be more excited!  I've been an absolute wedding junkie for as far back as I can remember and now it's actually real!

We're a teensy bit untraditional, because I don't have a ring or a proposal story yet.  They're on the way, but we haven't told all the friends and family yet because I know they're all going to ask to see the bling and I'd like to be able to show it to them. :)  We have, however, established that we're getting married and we just reserved our venue.

Everyone seems really nice on this board and I'm excited to get to know you all!
-L
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello, Virginia!

• edited December 2011
    welcome! where in VA are you getting married?? I am also a June 2012 bride

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • lily1346lily1346 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At the Freight Shed in Yorktown!  I'm ridiculously excited (and super lucky, apparently, because they only had one Saturday in June left on the calendar!).

http://yorktownfreightshed.com/

Where will your wedding be?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at VMI, in Lexington. FI went there and it has been a huge part of our relationship.
    That's crazy that June of next year is already booking up!

Follow Me on Pinterest
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, that's awesome!  I bet it's beautiful in June. :)  Yeah, the Freight Shed books up really far in advance because it's really inexpensive.  It's right on the beach with a big white tent out back and huge windows so you can see the sunset from inside.  I fell in love with it and sent the reservation form/deposit in last week.  It didn't hit me how real it was until then!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know what you mean. As soon as you start sending the checks and signing the contracts, the wedding becomes a little more real

Follow Me on Pinterest
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked a photographer this weekend and it just keeps getting more real!  I didn't think I could be more excited, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards