Virginia
Options

Invites question

I was wondering:  Is it okay to not invite your co workers kids when you invite your relatives' kids?

Re: Invites question

• Options
    zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would think so. Relatives kids are family. Presumably you're not as close to your coworkers and their families as you would be to your own.  You're not obligated to invite anyone really. So you know, you can invite Jane and her husband John from the office, but not John Jr and baby Susan.

I would definitely run this past the Etiquette board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never even thought about this, but I would assume that as long as you don't invite the children of all non-family adults it'd be fine to just invite the co-workers sans children.
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's up to you. But like Zaneopal stated, your family children are family. People should realize that wedding are typically an adult affair, but you have to also look at the time of day that your wedding is held. You can also provide childcare to eliminate the cost of paying for children to eat adult meals or you may plan for children meals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards