Ohio-Toledo
Options

getting close...need more advise (im so needy! :P )

OK... so im getting to the 3 month marker... as i mentioned in my last post about tipping, the whole "pay my paycheck gone" thing is reaalllly starting to get me down. and i still have a LIST of stuff to pay for. I thought i was so organized and that i was dillegently making payments to keep on track.

FI doesnt understand. He thinks that some of this stuff is just too expensive. But they are things that HAVE to be paid for (dj, limo, florist, alcohol, cake, rehearsal dinner, church, alterations). dont get me wrong, each of these has been paid on in some form or another and simply have balances to be paid on them.

Im just starting to freak out that with on 3 and half months to go... its going to be TOUGH.
Any advise as to how you guys got thru it? Did you make a system for paying that worked? Thanks!
Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: getting close...need more advise (im so needy! :P )

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i havent even bought my shoes or my undergarments yet... ugh. yep im starting to freak out... a little.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it's important to know that you can cut corners on some things.  Like you said you still need shoes and undergarments.  I would get those at Payless, or some other cheap store.  Undergarments I would probably go to Walmart or Kmart or something.  I would just stay away from buying anything at Davids or a different bridal shoppe because they are so overpriced. 

You might be able to downsize some of the other things...ie, cheaper bar, not as fancy as a cake, etc. 

Good luck. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I understand where you are at....it seems like every extra cent is going toward the wedding now.  I can't wait until after the wedding and honeymoon are over so I can rebuild my bank account!

I am just finding deals where ever I can.  I got my shoes at payless, jewelry at afterthoughts.  And I am just taking things bit by bit paying for them.  I am trying not to look at the big picture all at once...it is too overwhelming.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Christie! Your wedding is only a week before mine! You are totally feelin the heat too huh?

Thanks Rak-- im am trying to keep it together! LOLOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so i broke down and called Pam Thomas (famous on her for alterations!) and she totally gave me hands down a WAY better price and wont make me pay for it until they are done and im happy with it. which will help with my current brokeness...

I totally just called davids and told them to take th pins out and that im coming to get the dress. Saved another $75.00!
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_getting-closeneed-advise-im-needy-p?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:025d99f6-ebac-47cc-b6dc-964d73a5284fPost:fe87a939-196b-4d95-9579-ecb17f852338">Re: getting close...need more advise (im so needy! :P )</a>:
    [QUOTE]so i broke down and called Pam Thomas (famous on her for alterations!) and she totally gave me hands down a WAY better price and wont make me pay for it until they are done and im happy with it. which will help with my current brokeness... I totally just called davids and told them to take th pins out and that im coming to get the dress. Saved another $75.00!
    Posted by bsharp3[/QUOTE]

GOOD MOVE!!   Pam is <u>awesome</u>!!!!
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Pam is awesome!  You won't regret it!

Save where you can... no one will notice your shoes, so get something cheap or wear what you have.  Same with undergarments.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, it's kind of nice to have people who are feeling needy and have questions... add some life to the board! : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards