Ohio-Toledo

Is anybody else having a hard time picking "your song"?

I am having the worst time picking a song. I think im being to picky about it but i still want something relevant to us but different. (not the same ol' same ol' you know?)

My FI doesnt really like to dance that much and wants a shorter song. I think the biggest contender rigth now is "first day of my life" by Bright Eyes

Did anyone else have this problem?
Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is anybody else having a hard time picking "your song"?

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

This was our method of picking the songs for the special dances, entrance, cake, etc.

My husband selected 3 songs for each category that he would be happy with.  Once he had a list, I picked my favorite song out of the 3 in each category.  Some songs I could rule out immediately.  For others, the decision just wasn't so overwhelming when you only had a couple to look at then.

For your first dance, I would definitely keep length in mind.  We chose "Then" by Brad Paisley which I think was just barely over 4 minutes.  I think just over 3 minutes would have been better for us.  You may or may not feel that way.

Also, pick a song for you guys and you guys only.  I can honestly say that I don't remember the first dance songs of any wedding I've been to besides my own.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a hard time because FI's a musician..so he bases a song on the musical quality, not lyrics.  I want the song to sound nice, but lyrics play a huge part for me!!!

I youtubed a bunch of things I thought we would both like...we just spent an evening going through them. We listened to everything from Sinatra to Satriani.   I played You & Me by Dave Matthews...and he was like "Ooohh...I like that."  (He loves the drummer and bass player)

Then my kids heard it and loved the part where he sings "And when the kids are old enough we're gonna teach them to fly."

So that was that.  Just take some time going through stuff together...you'll find the right song for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    thanks you guys!
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mandies2happymandies2happy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

As soon as i heard "our song" I started to cry and just knew it was the ONE :) My FI loved it as well so it was a home run right off the bat. Here is the youtube video of our song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzLRe-NSVWk

It is from the movie "Across the Universe" it is a movie based on beatles music. I am not a huge beatles fan but this song was just perfect and sent a chill down my back. I had a bigger reaction to this song than to my wedding dress :)

My advice, look at your favorite movies, i found my processional song and our first dance that way oh and my cake cutting song. We love music and movies so that was a perfect way to really create a "soundtrack" for our day.
    Good luck :) I hope this helps.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards