Ohio-Toledo

Vendor Reviews Part One: The Big Stuff

Ceremony Site: The Manor House at Wildwood Metropark

A++

Everything here was amazing!  I worked with three different people over the course of the year and everyone was so helpful.  They were super accommodating.  Elizabeth was the facility coordinator for the wedding and the rehearsal, she was AWESOME!!  Anything we needed or any questions we had were all taken care of so quickly.  We were able to bring our own appetizers into the Solarium for after the ceremony.  They also arranged for tours for my guests after the ceremony.  Also Wildwood was gorgeous for pictures, but I think any Toledoan knows that.

Reception Site: Stone Oak Country ClubA++Once again I worked with multiple people here (I’m starting to think there is a lot of turnover in this business!).  With each person I gained confidence in the facility, but I was absolutely blown away when it came time for the reception.  I offered to come in on Friday and set things up (favors, table #s, etc) and by the time I got there they had most of it done already.  We were able to choose 3 different plated meals and a kid’s meal without an extra charge for having extra choices.  We received nothing but compliments from our guests on the quality and quantity of the food.  We also received tons of compliments on the service.  The exterior beauty of the club is unparalleled.
Photography: Everlasting ImagesA++I don’t have my pictures back yet, but my preview pictures were absolutely unbelievable.  More than that, my photographers were so much fun to work with on the wedding day.  They really made us feel relaxed and helped us to have so much fun when we were taking pictures.  I think this is going to lead to great photos.
Videographer: Showcase Video ProductionsA++Same as the photographer: so much fun to work with.  The banter between the photographer and videographer was great.  I have no doubt our video will be amazing. Cake: Cherry Lane CakesTaste: AAppearance: CThe cake tasted great, but it was the wrong color!  The cake was supposed to be a lilac color (like the flower), but appeared baby blue.  When we took the layers apart the part of the fondant that wasn’t dry was more purple, but I figure a professional should know how the fondant dries.  Too bad great taste doesn’t show up in pictures.  We did get the bottom layer of the cake cinnamon streusel for Sunday’s breakfast as suggested by the baker and it was great!  Cupcakes: Sam’s ClubA                          The cake was for cutting and breakfast the next day so we just ordered cupcakes for the guests.  They were super cheap and very moist.  The icing is to die for.  I just got some decorations at The Baker’s Kitchen (Thrush’s) and we made them look pretty the day before the reception.  Flowers: In Bloom Flowers Erie MICThe flowers were not ugly by any means, but they were not what I wanted at all.  I wanted simple almost rustic looking bouquets for the bridesmaids and their bouquets were the exact opposite.  Mine was supposed to be a huge burst of lavender roses; it was about half the size I expected.  And the lavender roses we received were almost pink in color.  The florists were not given a limit on the budget for the flowers (we had a limit, but the numbers we got from the florists were way below so we didn’t have to worry about it) so it wasn’t like I got a smaller bouquet to fit in the budget.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews Part One: The Big Stuff

• nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you had some SNAFU's with vendors...but I have to say...I wish I had heard of having a cinnamon streusel layer for eating the next day!!!!  Genius!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

That is so weird about the flowers! Wtf.

I can't wait to see pictures! Sounds like it was a wonderful day overall.

Thanks for all of the reviews! And congrats! When is the honeymoon?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The honeymoon is in 13 days!  I cannot wait to go somewhere warm!!!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Where are you guys going again? A cruise?

And I loled at you giving a "Q" grade on your other review :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards