Ohio-Toledo
Options

make up help

I'm in my friend's wedding Sunday May 29. She (the bride) was going to have her make-up done by a make-up person at her salon and have her come to the hotel to do hers, mine and the MOH along with the hair dresser to do everyone's hair. The bride decided that she doesn't want her make-up done that she's going to do it herself. Plus the make-up lady now wants to go out of town that weekend. So now I'm the only one who needs to have her make-up done. With it being this close to the wedding, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Places to go to have it done? I've called around to a few salons and they're either booked until late afternoon or don't open until 12. I need hair and make-up done before 12 so I can be ready for pictures.

Re: make up help

• Options
    Arayx2Arayx2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call the Toni and Guy Salon. Info posted below. But I am pretty sure they are who I will be using and because it is a student Academy - prices are very reasonable!!
    Toni & Guy Hairdressing AcademyToni & Guy Hairdressing Academy
    3034 Wilford Drive
    Toledo, OH 43615-1731
    (419) 866-4489

See link below for price menu
    http://toniguy.com/acad_pages/toledo_pages/toledo_services/default.aspx
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can also make an appointment with someone at MAC cosmetics(they are in macys) They do an awesome job! I think macys opens at 11 though on sundays. Did you try david broadway or beauty bar?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I checked into Shamas and the one in downtown Toledo. They're both booked up until late afternoon. DB is closed that Sunday. Beauty Bar doesn't open until 12. :o(
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could a friend / family member / fellow bridesmaid do it for you?  It doesn't have to be super fancy/complicated if you're just in the bridal party, plus it would save you money! :)

Otherwise, check out makeup counters like CoCo'sMommy mentioned. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    futuremrsabefuturemrsabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i dont know what time franklin park mall opens, but sephora does makeup in the store. if you buy $50 worth of stuff (or even just a gift card) they will you give you a full makeover right there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well the bride doesn't want me to leave to get my makeup done. She wants me to use whatever the other BMs have. My friend said I would need to get my own foundation/powder to match my skin tone and probably mascara because of sharing and bacteria and such. Then I could use what ever else she has. So, I'm going to hit up Sephora or Clinique to see if they can match a foundation/powder and give me a sample to use for the wedding day. Hopefully they can also see what shades of blush and eyeshadow will work too. I have lipstick from when I got married that I could possibly use.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:0afa4ab8-0cd5-40d6-8e8e-057491b44e92Post:7feb0a6b-ab13-40b9-b412-52f0422ec13a">Re: make up help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well the bride doesn't want me to leave to get my makeup done. She wants me to use whatever the other BMs have. My friend said I would need to get my own foundation/powder to match my skin tone and probably mascara because of sharing and bacteria and such. Then I could use what ever else she has. So, I'm going to hit up Sephora or Clinique to see if they can match a foundation/powder and give me a sample to use for the wedding day. Hopefully they can also see what shades of blush and eyeshadow will work too. I have lipstick from when I got married that I could possibly use.  
    Posted by sspino[/QUOTE]

Do you not normally wear make up at all? Have you considered calling someone from mary kay? This would be my absolute last resort since I have had very bad experience with them calling non stop. But I know they will come out and do your makeup and they give tons of free samples.
    Where is the wedding at? Or where will you be getting ready if you dont mind me asking? do have someone to at least do your hair? I feel so bad for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:0afa4ab8-0cd5-40d6-8e8e-057491b44e92Post:7feb0a6b-ab13-40b9-b412-52f0422ec13a">Re: make up help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well the bride doesn't want me to leave to get my makeup done. She wants me to use whatever the other BMs have. My friend said I would need to get my own foundation/powder to match my skin tone and probably mascara because of sharing and bacteria and such. Then I could use what ever else she has. So, I'm going to hit up Sephora or Clinique to see if they can match a foundation/powder and give me a sample to use for the wedding day. Hopefully they can also see what shades of blush and eyeshadow will work too. I have lipstick from when I got married that I could possibly use.  
    Posted by sspino[/QUOTE]
    That's crazy that you are not allowed to leave to get your makeup done! I'm not a huge fan of sharing makeup with other people. Just remember this one thing.. Maybelline works just as well as the expensive stuff! lol  Get a nice foundation but seriously, don't break the bank for your makeup. I would suggest going to Sephora or a makeup couinter at one of the department stores the day before, if you have time, and have them do a mini makeover to find the right shades for you and give you tips on applying it so it stays put. That way you will have all of your supplies for the wedding and won't need to go out and find a place to do it. :) Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bbn2011bbn2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Email Tiffany Turner....she is a Mary Kay rep and did my make-up for the wedding and it looked FABULOUS!  She is very affordable and you do not have to continue to purchase make-up from her after the wedding. 
    tifturner@marykay.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Someone on another message board I'm on suggested the ELF cosmetics from Target. She said they're $1. Pick a neutral eye shadow and tinted facial moisturizer and that sould be about all you need. I was going to pick up Mabeline mascara too. I have lip stick from when I got married and it's still seems good. I just need a little something, not a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards