Ohio-Toledo

Thanks buhoveckey!!! Maumee Bay Resort advice...?

Thanks to user buhoveckey I think I found the perfect location for my outdoor wedding ceremony and reception! She recommended Maumee Bay Resort. It is perfect they allow dogs for outside functions, provide all necessities like a tent, chairs, tables, linens, glassware, silverware, etc. I just want to know if anyone has had their wedding/reception out at Maumee Bay Resort or knows anyone who has? I just would like to hear good and bad things that people have heard about the place and services it provides. Thanks for any advice! Niki

Re: Thanks buhoveckey!!! Maumee Bay Resort advice...?

• nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We loved the location as well...but had a lot of issues which made us choose to keep looking. 1st of all...they "awarded" the date we wanted to a different couple. ??? They did offer us a different date with a slight discount. The contract was more than we estimated...and the clincher for was that they expected us to sign a contract with no itemization as to specifics. The bar bill alone was way out of range of any other facility we've looked into. What we loved was the location...the buffet options...having all the activities for our guests right there. We tried really hard to make it work out there...but ultimately had to keep looking elsewhere. Good luck...if it works out for you, it will definitely be a beautiful wedding!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my ceremony/reception there in a few months and I agree with the girl who posted before me that they are not totally upfront with the itemized costs of everything.  Also, our bar bill that we received thus far is just a rough estimate, but the nice thing is that you can pick and choose which types of alcohol/beer you would like served (cheaper wine, kegs v. bottles).  We have payed based on estimates of our group size and I would really like to know if we are on target or will end up owing more. We have already given our food selection and that was priced. So far, my only "issue" is that I would want an itemized list of all the things we requested in advance and I was told that I would receive it at the final meeting (which I don't think is enough time for me to change my mind and I do not want to be sticker-shocked). The location is beautiful and it is very nice that they provide tent, chairs, tables, linens and everything.  The grounds are great for pictures and guests.  So far, my only issue has been minimal.
  • doodlez42doodlez42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my reception there on July 4th and ended up having a great experience. I too was concerned about the estimations on the bar bill but we were actually pleasantly surprised when we received the final bill. Kathleen was only off by $4.50! (in our favor) During the whole planning process I did find myself frustrated at times with the communication between Maumee Bay and I. I felt that it took too long to have my phone calls and emails responded to, making me nervous for what kind of experience I was going to have the day of. I will say that as the wedding got closer our communication was not an issue, I felt very well taken care of. I did purchase my cake through Maumee Bay and it was fantastic. Ann is the lady I worked with from the bakery and I have to say that she is amazing. I waited until the last minute to book my cake and never talked to Ann in person(my doing, not hers). I sent her 2 emails total, one with a picture of the cake and I wanted and another with the flavors. I was a little worried about it but it was exactly what I wanted! If you have anymore questions for me you can email me at rabbex83 @ hotmail dot com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards