Ohio-Toledo

Birmingham Limos??

So, I just got a quote from Birmingham limos and it was crazy good for the money, I thought anyway ... has anyone else used them?? I wanted to check on reliability, etc.? Were the drivers nice, pretty easy to work with ... did Birmingham mess up anything? Let me know as soon as possible PLEASE - we have to book it by the end of the week to get the quoted price!! Thanks in advance!

Re: Birmingham Limos??

• edited December 2011
    I used them for my wedding a few months ago and loved them!  There is a review in my "happy days" bio under "vendor reviews".
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Those reviews are always helpful ... and I love looking at how other people are putting things together. I got another quote from Childers, that was a just a little bit lower, but the transportation wasn't quite as nice or big? Does anyone have any reviews of Childers too ...
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not recommend Childers. I had a very poor (non-wedding) experience with them.
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    I am curious what is your quote.  Because I have called around to some limo companys (tho I am looking for limo bus), and I thought the prices seemed to be really high!!  If you dont feel comftorable listing it, I can give ya my email! THanks
  • edited December 2011
    mseaman - your wedding is in July and hers is in March - limo companies have different pricing for different times of the year.  May/June/July are their busiest times, which is probably why you were quoted higher.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Childrs for our bachelorette party and wedding day. Had excellent service from begining to end.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Birminham for our wedding in June. Price was great. They were on time, willing to go to 3 places for our photo shoots in between wedding and reception, made sure my dad got our 2nd bottle of champagne since we didn't drink it in the limo, we had such big bumps one of the champagne glasses broke and we never got charged extra. The driver was very nice. They are BBB members, one of the reasons I booked them over anyone else. I'd say go for it.
  • HAMOHAMO member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would NOT recommend Birmingham... I called and got a quote, then after talking to my FI to confirm, I tried to call back the same day to book before they closed and no one answered!! I left a message confirming I wanted it and the next day no one called me back.. so I called in and another rep told me I was mis quoted for the wrong season.. but had I booked that day,  I would have gotten that pricing.. I was very nice and explained to her that I DID CALL that day but apparently everyone left before closing time, check the time on my voicemail... She told me the owner would call me to discuss.... the next day, I waited, but no call.. I called again, left a msg on the owner's voicemail.... still no call back!!!... the next day I called again, talked to the guy who originally quoted me... and he said there is nothing he can do... of course we all know... The owner can do something.... STILL NO CALLL from the owner.... That makes a big statement that he doesn't care AT ALL about his reputation or good customer service!!!! Not even a call to apologize for a mistake.... NOTHING!!!!!!   SO you know if a company does something wrong we will tell at least 10 people, who tell 10 people....
  • k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used birmingham limo for our wedding and had the party bus...it had a lot more leg room and everyone was comfortable.  they were great the day off and we had no problems working with them.
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
  • elyse206elyse206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Birmingham for our wedding in October. We have been on their limos twice where a friend used them. They were great! I would highly recommend them!! Their pricing is great too!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I think that we are going to go with Birmingham ... as long as they'll give me the same quote when I call them back. :) My quote was for 8 hours of limo service - not just the typical 3 hour wedding package they offer (which was a little high!). After calling around though, this might be a little higher than a couple other places, but I guess I was expecting to pay so much more for traditional limo service with a Party Bus (go whereever, with anybody I wanted, any time - the driver is at our disposal for the entire 8 hours, etc.), that I thought this was a reasonable price ...
  • edited December 2011
    Can I ask what you were qouted for the wedding package through Birmingham? We were qouted 920 for the party bus and we feel like that is way high. We were qouted 455 for childers limo bus but I have heard some very negative things about them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards