Ohio-Toledo

HELP!!! Venues

Hey everyone. I'm Rachael. FI is Derrick. We are getting married 9/4/2010. . maybe. We just had a giant budget cut and had to cancel our venue. now I don't know where we will get married, or where the reception will be. I'm looking for something outside. My dad is doing all the food so I also need a place the will let you use your own caterer. Any thoughts? I'm looking between Defiance, Findlay and Toledo. Any ideas are much appreciated!

Re: HELP!!! Venues

• edited December 2011
    There are some suggestions on affordable venues that allow outside catering  - some of which are outside - in a post a numbers of posts below called   --> Help! by snar on 8/16/2009.  Maybe that will give you a few ideas...  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!!
  • edited December 2011
    My reception is at the Simpson Garden Park in Bowling Green.  It is a newer park in town and it has an indoor reception hall and an outdoor area for a service if you wanted.  It is costing us under $1000 to rent the place and it has a commerial kitchen that our caterer SamB's is using but you can provide your own food if you want.  Between when we booked it last summer and my wedding in less than two weeks they have added so many new flowers and other items that it is becoming a major spot in town to have a reception at.  Also check into the various Toledo Metroparks.
  • edited December 2011
    There is a place in Defiance on 15 if you are on your way to Bryan. I think its a Fish and Game Club. I've been to an outdoor reception there and it was really nice.
  • Ab42187Ab42187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Tremainsville Hall. They let you bring in your own catering along alcohol/drinks. They provide chairs, tables, microwave, coolers and a few other things. They are super affordable and the space is great. At the time you book you put down a deposit and pay the rest 2 months before your event.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards