Ohio-Toledo

Where is your reception going to be?

I am just getting started in my wedding planning and am a little overwhelmed with trying to find a reception location.  I am not familiar with these places at all!We are thinking around 250 people and we want a sit down dinner.  We are going to be having quite a few out of town guests so I want it to be convenient to hotels.Where are you having your reception?What would you suggest for me?Thanks!Jessica

Re: Where is your reception going to be?

• edited December 2011
    My wedding and reception will be held at Nazareth Hall (www.nazarethhall.com). But that's not really close to any hotels! I don't know what your budget is like, but what about a hotel wedding? Can't get much more convenient than that! They tend to be more expensive though. I've read good things about the Hilton Garden Inn in Perrysburg. I went to a wedding at the Toledo Club a couple years ago that was very nice, and I think that would have enough room. I think you have to have a member sponsor you though, not sure how difficult that is?
  • edited December 2011
    I would call around to some area hotels and see what they rent out for wedding receptions.
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding and reception are both at the Zoo.  A majority of our guests are out-of-towners, so hotel convenience was important to us too.  We looked at hotels, but the Zoo ended up being much less expensive, although Hilton Garden Inn and Hilton Toledo are both beautiful! We have rooms blocked for our guests at the Holiday Inn French Quarter in Perrysburg, as well as the Holiday Inn Express right across the street from the FQ.  (It's only 7 miles from the Zoo.) Their reduced rates were really good ($99/nt) and they have the awesome swimming area, so kids coming can have fun too!By the way....when is your wedding?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are having alot of out of town guests as well, so we narrowed it down to hotels.  Some of the ones that we looked at and liked were Hilton Garden Inn Perrysburg, French Quarter, Park Inn (downtown) and Crowne Plaxa (downtown).  We ended up choosing Crowne Plaza.  Hotels are a little more expensive but you are definetly paying for the convenience and all inclusive features which was perfect for us.
  • edited December 2011
    Lakeview Banquet Hall in Rossford is where we are having ours.....very reasonable...and a very "simple" hall....and Premier catering has GREAT food. There is 3 hotels right around the corner from it too.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having mine at the park inn downtown. They are great to work with and the ballroom rental fee is free as long as you have a certain number of guest. Plus the room rentals are reasonable and your guest get a discount as well as a suite for you for the night with breakfast the next morning, plus a free night stay on your one year anniversary - they also gave us mudhens tickets to use since our anniversary will be in the winter.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're possibly looking at having your reception at a hotel check out Tripadvisor and Hotels.com for reviews.  Granted, the reviews are usually for the overnight guests but it really says a lot about what type of service they have.  If front desk people are rude or if your room doesn't have heat or air conditioning that may be an issue on your big day.  The reviews for downtown hotels have not been good in a few years.
  • britndavidbritndavid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the hilton is a good option!
    "He's the perfect reflection of God's love for me!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Parkway Plaza has two different reception rooms onsite. The location is not too far from the hotels/motels on on Dussel near US23 which offer courtesy shuttles to and from both sites at multiple times throughout the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Parkway Plaza has two different reception rooms onsite. The location is not too far from the hotels/motels on on Dussel near US23 which offer courtesy shuttles to and from both sites at multiple times throughout the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Hilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons
  • edited December 2011
    Our reception is at the Park Inn in downtown Toledo. Their prices were great (buffet around 23 pp and non buffet around 20 pp). They also give discounts on rooms. Also, the price of the ballroom is free and includes linens (white).
  • edited December 2011
    Fransiscan Center at Lourdes college- GREAT PRICE and beautiful!!! seats upto 400ish.. bar is cheap! its so close to Wyngate in sylvania as well!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am havin mine in BG at stoneridge golf course...yes a little travel but beautiful and so worth it. Will fit that many also.
  • edited December 2011

I am using the Park Inn dowtown .. like other people said the price was great and the convenience worked out well. The package deals can be a little more expensive but in my opinion they are so much easier that it is worth paying a little more to not have as much to worry about and individual people for every little thing. Good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards