Ohio-Toledo

Ceramony music????

My fi and I are not doing a ton of tradtion in our wedding. We are doing some the marrying in a church dances cake cutting that kinda of stuff but we have made a lot of little changes to the tradtions. We really want our wedding to represent us. Fun and corky but still romantic. I really don't want to walk down the isle to the tradtional wedding march. I would really like to walk down to something like the romeo and juliet love theme. My sister says I should walk to the here comes the bride because I am choosing to marry in a church. At this point I am not sure what to do. Can some please advise on if it is inapproprate to walk to something besides here comes the bride.

Re: Ceramony music????

• edited December 2011
    I think the only inappropriate music would be sweary hardcore rap...  You should check with the church to see what music they allow.  Some of them have major restrictions on the music you play.My church had no restrictions.My bridesmaids walked down the aisle to an instrumental version of "To Make You Feel My Love" by Billy Joel.I walked down the aisle to Canon in D.Our recessional was Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve.
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you are having the ceremony in a church...you really need to discuss with them if there are limitations to the music they will allow. Many churches will only allow certain music to be played. That being said...what kind of music do like? I'm entering to Eric Johnson's "A Song for Life" It's a beautiful acoustic guitar instrumental. Our recessional is going to be also by Eric Johnson, "Cliffs of Dover" It's fun and upbeat...but very electric! It's how we're tying in FI's love of guitar. You can do whatever you want...provided your location allows. There are no rules saying you MUST enter to "Here Comes the Bride." If you like rock and roll...go on youtube and check out the Vitamin String Quartet. If you really love the Romeo and Juliet theme...then go with it. (Just beware any inuendos to the "love ending in tragedy") Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    As long as the church is okay with it, I think it's totally fine to walk in to something other than "Here Comes the Bride."  In fact, my friend's church doesn't allow "Here Comes the Bride" because it is a secular song (composed by a secular musician, or something like that).I'm walking in to a piano version of "You and Me" by Lifehouse.  Here Comes the Bride isn't my thing (for me at least, it's cool if other people want to use it).
  • amunson7amunson7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something I learned from my church was they HIGHLY reccomend you DONT walk to "here comes the bride". I never knew this but the song is actually a bad song about a cheater or something like that and also along with that my priest asked me "do you really want people singing in their heads. here comes the bride all fat and wide, while you are making your entrance?" So while im sure your sister had the best intentions for you this is not a good song anyways! So do what YOU like and just make sure its ok with the church!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards