Ohio-Toledo

Need cake topper help

So with about 3 weeks left, we don't have a cake topper. They're things I've looked at whenever I go to the store, but nothing has grabbed me as being "ours" and I haven't thought of anything too alternative that would work either (FI suggested figurines of things to represent us, but it's difficult to find a sasquatch figure - FI's friends call him that because he's so tall, and I don't have a nickname that would translate like that).

Show me your cake topper? Tell me where you got it?

At this point it's not quite TOO late to order something online but it's pushing it. As long as we have it by day of and leave it at the reception hall for the baker to put on top last minute we're fine.
Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Need cake topper help

• edited December 2011
    I wish I had a pic of mine for you.  We are just doing our initials with a larger one for our last name and it's bedazzled with some crystals.  Have you looked on etsy at all?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Etsy some, but wasn't finding what I wanted and now I think it's too late for something custom without paying a buttload AND making sure it's here in time, especially since I'm not sure exactly what I want.

I'm pretty sure I don't want a typical bride & groom type thing because I can't justify spending that much money on something we'll be able to keep after the wedding but think it would look funny just sitting out somewhere and I don't want to pack it away. I want something that could also double duty as something decorative for the house too.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I seem to be turning into a cake topper hoarder lately. I bought a large M ,for our last name, at Michaels a few weeks ago. Then I won a gift card to a cake store and what did I use it on? Yet another M. lol  I'm having the same problem. No clue what to put on the cake! I hope you find the perfect topper! I'll look around for a sasquatch figurine for ya. One that can be shipped asap. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think I may have found one on Etsy! Linky just convoed them to see if it's possible on short notice. I think they would be cute as a cake topper and then just sitting on a shelf after the wedding.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine off of Ebay.  It's precious moments.

http://catarntina.weebly.com/uploads/4/6/6/3/4663127/4011623.jpg

It's now happily sitting on my self with all of my other precious moments.  Precious moments had several choices to choose from
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had flowers on the top of ours with flowers cascading down the side of the cake.  What's the rest of your cake look like?

We looked at cake toppers and couldn't find anything that we liked.  So many seemed... goofy.  I don't know.  Flowers ended up being the easiest and I really did like how it looked.

Here are some visuals for you...

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! you found one!  :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Joann Fabric all sell bejewelled letter cake toppers if that interests you.  Or, if your new last name starts with a J, I have one you can have, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    I am so glad I took another look at Etsy. I think these will be perfect AND they're just as cheap, if not cheaper than what I'd find at the store. They should be here sometime next week too, so no long wait, which is amazing.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas and suggestions :-)
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart

Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Those are sooo cute chicadelpadre!!!!!!  Ok, now I have to go on Etsy and take a peek around. lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards