Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 7/20

After your FI proposed, who was the first person you told?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 7/20

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We told his mom and brothers that still lived at home first.   She knew it was coming anyways, but it was still fun to show my ring off!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

He proposed to me in Mexico in front of three of our friends so they could take photos and a video.

The first person I called was my mom, but she didn't answer so I called my sister and talked to her.  The first person he called was his best friend.

My phone bill was quite high on that vaction...I called and texted everyone and I paid like 99 cents a minute and 50 cents a text :/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We were in Jamaica and I had no wifi and wasn't using my cell cause it was so expensive.  So I had my work blackberry and I did BBM my two close friends.  We  then paid the $20 for wifi and I then emailed all my closest friends (who turned into being my BM's) and my momma. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I think I texted my friends and he told his step mom because she was home at the time. Then I told my dad when I got home because he was home and told my mom when she got home.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My FI proposed at my work (I teach high school).  My sister was there to videotape, a classful of kids saw it, and the principal, guidance counselor, and secretary were in the hall watching.

The first person I told was the teacher across the hall from me.  Her class was thought something bad was happening because of all of the front office was outside my room!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were on vacation with my brother, SIL and a good friend when DH proposed - so they were the first ones to hear that it happened (although they already knew beforehand that he was going to do it!)

The first phone call I made was to my parents. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    I called my mom, my sister, and my grandma <3 My grandma cried!
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    FI proposed to me in front of all my friends so they all knew.

First person we told was did dad, cuz we couldn't get a hold of my parents or his mom.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance called his Mom and Dad and then his Sister and Brother-In-Law.  I honestly can't remember who the 1st person I told was...I may have texted my 2 EX-friends....I say EX as they were both supposed to be in my wedding and both backed out on me in less than 24 hours from each other and less than 2 days from ordering dresses...both for very lame, made up excuses!
  • edited December 2011
    My parents :)
    We were on a ski trip in Lake Tahoe, and my fiance met them for lunch one day before the trip to talk to them about it...
    They knew it would happen while we were out there, they just didn't know when. I called my parents a few times during the trip to tell them about skiing and such and my mom said every time the phone rang she wondered if this would be "THE call" .... I guess this happened several times... and when I finally did make "THE call" she answered the phone crying because she knew that was it....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards