Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 6/26

What are your honeymoon plans?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 6/26

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't go on a honeymoon after the wedding.  We put a down payment on our house instead! :)  Now we've saved some money and we're going on vacation 7/31-8/8 and we're calling it our honeymoon.  We're roadtripping it to NYC and going down the coast to Atlantic City, DC, and Virginia Beach.  We're just spending a couple days in each city. I'm excited!
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cshuma, that sounds like an awesome trip!!! :)

We had planned to go to Mexico, but a hurricane ruined that idea, so immediately after our wedding, we just went up to Mackinaw for a couple of days.   We ended up taking our "honeymoon" in April of the following year, and we went to Sonoma and San Francisco - it was awesome!!! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    We went to an all-inclusive in Mexico for a week, directly following our wedding.  It was wonderful!  I thought we would have been so exhausted to leave the day after our wedding, but, having now done it, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't have enough vacation time to go to a honeymoon right after the wedding.  I live in Colorado, so I've been going back and forth from Colorado to Ohio this year and blew all the vacation we have for 2010.  So in March 2011, we plan to take a cruise to the Carribbean.  This might get pushed back though.  Depends on if FI can get his vacation approved.  They won't even discuss it with him till next year, and I need to book this stuff *now*.  Driving me crazy...

I guess if I don't go, I work off paying down this debt.  We currently have 2 car payments, student loans, and a mortgage.  That's a lot of debt for newly weds to handle...
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All your trips sound wonderful! Catarntina...you may end up getting some great last minute deals on cruises! 

We are doing a Western caribbean cruise.  The wedding is this upcoming Saturday (OMG!)  but we're waiting a few weeks to go.  Works out better with kids, with work, and everything...so we leave on July 18! Yay!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My dream would be for us to go on a Mediterrarean cruise.  I have always wanted to go to Italy and Greece.  However, those cruises are insanely expensive so I don't think that will be happening.  We will probably end up going on a Caribbean cruise or to an all-inclusive resort somewhere.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing 2 weeks in Italy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we haven't gone on ours yet.  we are planning on go to the smokey mountains...just need to save up that money.
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
  • edited December 2011

k22t...we are going to the Smokey Mountains for our honeymoon...check out the following website as they have some of the CHEAPEST and NICEST cabins... http://www.cabinsforyou.com/ ....we are staying in mountain romance :)

We had talked about taking a cruise, but when our wedding is, it's still hurricane season, so we don't want to risk it...so we are just going to go to the mountains and maybe go horse back riding and go on a helicopter ride of the area and just RELAX!!  I think we are going to plan for a cruise in late 2011/early 2012 then.

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-626?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:25f101ba-dc61-4c65-8333-36e1af3831e4Post:c0452606-afe2-479e-b280-3167bf0e896b">Re: QOTD 6/26</a>:
    [QUOTE]k22t...we are going to the Smokey Mountains for our honeymoon...check out the following website as they have some of the CHEAPEST and NICEST cabins... <a href="http://www.cabinsforyou.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.cabinsforyou.com/</a> ....we are staying in mountain romance :) We had talked about taking a cruise, but when our wedding is, it's still hurricane season, so we don't want to risk it...so we are just going to go to the mountains and maybe go horse back riding and go on a helicopter ride of the area and just RELAX!! <strong> I think we are going to plan for a cruise in late 2011/early 2012 then.</strong>
    Posted by jenzibaba[/QUOTE]

My husband and I considered doing this. However, he is in school and I want to go back to school so we would not have been able to go until the last two weeks of December or the first week of January.  Prices seriously doubled during this month span.  If you can go before or after this time, I would try to plan for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards