Ohio-Toledo

Maumee Bay State Park Lodge

Hello all! My fiance and I are currently living in Mississippi. We are both from Ohio. I am from Lima and he is from the Cleveland area. We both went to school at The University of Toledo, which is where we met. We both enjoy camping, so we have been to Maumee Bay State Park several times. We would really like to be married here and have our reception here. It would also be a central location for both families. However, I am having trouble finding information about Maumee Bay State Park. I have not been able to get ahold of the person in charge of weddings there and really need to find out information soon, specifically with pricing. Does anyone have any information or can anyone tell me anything about this place? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Smile
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Maumee Bay State Park Lodge

• skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.maumeebaystateparklodge.com/

Wedding information http://www.maumeebaystateparklodge.com/Weddings-5489.html

Our yacht club does a trip there every summer for a weekend.  There is almost always at least one wedding while we're there. We sit up on our boat "bridges" and watch. Then sound our horns when the wedding is over. 

Summer weddings there are typically outside by the pond. between the restaurant and the lake. There is a patio area, stairs go from the patio area to the ballrooms for the reception.  They usually have a fountain going in the pond with different colored lights on it in the evening.

Let me know if you have questions, I may be able to answer them. We looked in to Maumee Bay for our Commodore's ball the year my husband was Commodore of our club but ended up having it at Sawmill Creek in Huron. Our club does a weekend shindig and it's the Commodore's choice as  to where it's held. I can't remember now but at one place the meals were cheaper and at the other the rooms were cheaper so we went with Sawmill because it was closer to where most of our members live.

• edited December 2011
    We our having our reception there.  The contact is Sara, I have her email, but not with me at the moment.  I'll get it from home tonight and post it, if no one else has.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!

I have tried calling all last week and it said she would be out of the office Sunday and Monday and return Tuesday. I tried Tuesday and the rest of the days, but she was never there. Maybe email would be the best way to go.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI...there are a lot of negative views on MBSP.  The coordinator is difficult to hear back from, as you've discovered.  They are very overpriced (for what you get in comparison to other venues), the guest rooms are very pricey as well if you have your guests actually staying there, and there have been a lot of horror stories from brides who have had weddings there.

Is it a pretty venue?  Absolutely!!!  Is it worth it?  Up to you to decide. 

Many ladies have enjoyed weddings there, and many have not.  This may be the perfect place for you, but you may want to do a little research first just to be sure. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_maumee-bay-state-park-lodge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:27923315-1c1e-43c7-b1d2-69a55cab5d23Post:b9a61851-2992-4a47-9ceb-5e32c6981833">Re: Maumee Bay State Park Lodge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just an FYI...there are a lot of negative views on MBSP.  The coordinator is difficult to hear back from, as you've discovered.  They are very overpriced (for what you get in comparison to other venues), the guest rooms are very pricey as well if you have your guests actually staying there, and there have been a lot of horror stories from brides who have had weddings there. Is it a pretty venue?  Absolutely!!!  Is it worth it?  Up to you to decide.  Many ladies have enjoyed weddings there, and many have not.  This may be the perfect place for you, but you may want to do a little research first just to be sure. 
    Posted by nyrek[/QUOTE]

They recently switched cordinators.  It was right when I booked my wedding there.  I had worked with the previous girl, or tried too.  She was HORRIFIC - rude and not helpful at all.  However, the new girl is much better.  I've never had a problem hearing back from her.  She's actually been awesome to work with!

Somehow, I deleted all her emails, so I've emailed my wedding planner for her email for ya!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I was finally able to talk with Sara today and she was very friendly and extremely helpful. She sent loads of brochures to my email. The pricing isn't horrible like I thought it might be, but I feel like I would have to compromise on a lot of other parts of the wedding and ceremony. I'll talk it over with me fiance tonight and see what he thinks.

Thank so m uch for your help ladies!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good to know they have a new coordinator!!!  That last girl was terrible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards