Ohio-Toledo

question????

SO I have a great idea to put about two polaroid cameras on each table at my reception and have people write a note and pin it to a message board instead of having a guestbook so does anyone know where i can find cheap/ used polaroid instant camers

Re: question????

• courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not to be discouraging, but...

1. Polaroid cameras are very difficult to find, they are no longer widely produced like they used to be.

2. My dad is a store manager at a place that develops photos and has warned me about putting cameras on the tables. Apparantely 99% of the time a bride brings in pictures from cameras she left out at her reception you always end up with a few drunk guys who think it's hilarious to stick the camera in their pants and take other x-rated pictures.
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest just to look on ebay.  I'm sure there are plenty of people that are trying to get rid of their old ones.  On the bright side, you can just put them back on ebay after the wedding.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The cameras shouldn't be too hard to find, but Polaroid no longer produce the film (I'm pretty sure), so that part could be very hard to find or very pricy.

My only thought on this is that you might not get many of the pictures back.  It seems like most people (myself included Embarassed) might take one picture for the board and take several to take home for themselves.
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered a photo booth?  My brother/SIL had one at their wedding and it was a HUGE hit!!  The people who run the photo booth printed multiple copies of each "photo strip" -- enough for the people in the photo to have a copy plus a copy for the guest book.

The guests all loved the photo strip 'favors' and their guestbook is AWESOME! :)

Oh, and FWIW, we had little disposable cameras at each table, and we actually got a lot of fun photos.  We also put a 'scavenger hunt' sheet on each table that gave ideas to start with.  :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    edited December 2011
    http://store.polaroid.com/products/0/354635/Instant_Film

Here is some instant film.  I don't know much about these cameras.... is all polaroid film the same?  This film seems kind of pricey.  How many cameras and how much film would you need?  It may definitely be worth it to price out a photo booth and do a cost comparison.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mariahm90mariahm90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:2cf8e16f-4702-4219-a415-063c7427f455Post:30889b62-c274-40d2-bc1e-3e49acfbfe37">Re: question????</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://store.polaroid.com/products/0/354635/Instant_Film" rel="nofollow">http://store.polaroid.com/products/0/354635/Instant_Film</a> Here is some instant film.  I don't know much about these cameras.... is all polaroid film the same?  This film seems kind of pricey.  How many cameras and how much film would you need?  It may definitely be worth it to price out a photo booth and do a cost comparison.
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

just enough to fill it once for each table but it does make since to compare prices thanks ladies you all are so helpful i just thought it would be really cool to see the polaroids
  • edited December 2011
    I tried to do the Polaroids myself and I couldnt find them for a relatively good price anywhere... and on top of that, you cannot find the film for them either... and if you can find some - its like in packs of 12 (picures...) Sorry.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards