Ohio-Toledo

photo slideshow?

I plan to do my own photo slideshow to show during the reception, where it's set to music, but have never done this before.  have you made your own?  Which software package did you use?  Any other tips?  Thanks!

Re: photo slideshow?

• edited December 2011
    We are doing our own too!  I am just using Windows Movie Maker (which I think comes with most windows computers).  It is pretty easy to use.  We are doing some kid pictures of us so I had my mom scan all of those for us, but you can scan pictures at almost any photo place onto a CD.  All of the pics we have of us as a couple are already digital so those were already on the computer.  You just need to import the photos into Movie Maker.  We also are including our engagement video in the slideshow so I imported that easily.  As for music it needs to be a particular format to use with Movie Maker.  If it doesn't recognize the file format I just burn it onto a CD and rip it using Windows Media Player (most of my music is iTunes so I have to do this).  Then you just drag your images & sounds down to a timeline and rearrange them as you like.  I keep all of the photo & sound files in one folder on my computer and import from there.  If you leave them on a CD and take it out the program can't find the file next time you open the project.

You could also probably use PowerPoint to make a slide show.

I promise I am not a techie or computer nerd of any sort, this really is fairly easy to do.  I have made a few videos (less than 5) with Movie Maker before, but I figured out how to use it on my own initially.

We are having our DJ play the slideshow with his equipment (for a fee of course, but we are saving by making the show ourselves) so I am burning it onto a DVD for him.  How you plan to show the video may change this.  If you are using your own computer you can just save the file to that.

I hope I helped at least a little.  If you are a Mac user I think iVideo would work for this probably in much the same way and maybe easier!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Angelmc8Angelmc8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you were very helpful!  Im not much of a technical person either, but I figured I could handle this project.  I have Windows, so I will definitely try this!  THanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards