Ohio-Toledo

Dress shopping in Toledo

I grew up in Toledo, but I don't live there currently.  I'm also not getting married there, but thought I might look for dresses in Toledo over the holidays since all of my family is there and I would want my mom/ aunt/ sister to be a part of dress shopping.  Does anyone have any recommendations for good places to look for my wedding dress?  All I know of is David's Bridal - any other good places to check out in the T?  Any suggestions you could offer would be greatly appreciated!  

Re: Dress shopping in Toledo

• edited December 2011
    Atlas Bridal on Monroe St (in front of Kohl's)
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I had an AMAZING experience at Gallippos Bridal in downtown Toledo.  Atlas was also great.  I didn't go to Davids.

Good luck and have fun!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

I couldn't find anything I like in Toledo. There are only three shops really. I did not particularly care for any of them. Hence, I purchased my dress in Cinci.

However, when it came time for my bridesmaids I found two other shops in the NW Ohio area that were great. Lace and Elegance in Tiffin, Ohio and Kinsman Bridal in Archbold, Ohio. I would highly recommend both!

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to chime in about David's Bridal.  Sometimes they have a bad reputation, but I found the one here in Toledo to be awesome!  Our location has gotten pretty good reviews on this board in the past.

I realize that I'm an old married hag now, but looong ago when I was dress shopping my consultant was Pat.  She was phenomenal and I recommend that you make an appointment with her if you choose to go to DB.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Go to David's on Monroe st and book your appt with Jamie, she was amazing!!! I heard before i went to DB that they were pushy but she was great, didn't try to push me into buying anything i didn't really love!
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at David's Bridal on Monroe St.  I think my consultant was Jen.  They did a wonderful job.  My mom kept insisting on putting me in dresses I didn't like, and the consultant went to bat for me to make sure I got the dress I wanted.

I had a terrible time at Atlas.  The consultants were rude to me and we basically just walked out without trying anything on because they were so rude.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It's amazing how different the experiences are at each place.  I had a wonderful experience at Atlas with Dee. I did end up going with a dress slighly above what I set as my budget though. I did say I might be willing to go a little higher, so be sure you're careful about that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • msbdumasmsbdumas member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i actually went dress shopping columbus i didnt like nothing here in toledo but if i had to chose one it would be atlas bridal...so good luck ! 
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    For the last few years David's have had mixed reviews.  I think it all depends on what consultant you get and how busy they are. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Toledo ladies - I appreciate all the suggestions!!
  • ShellyAshShellyAsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a really good experience at Atlas.  It is on Monroe Street in front of Kohls.  I found it to be a much more personal experience than Davids Bridal.  I had the full attention of the sales lady.  At Davids, I had to share a sales person with 2 other brides. 
  • edited December 2011
    I had a positive experiece with Dee at Atlas the problem came with alterations I would not recommend them for that my dress was ruined then the owner had the nerve to try and blame me and the designer! It was all good untill my money was spent there never again! After going back and forth with her after the second time my dress is still not right! I should have listened to the reviews about them and alterations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards