Ohio-Toledo
Options

New Years

What are everyone's plans for New Years this year??? 

I for one, am so happy that 2009 is over.  It's been a rough year for me.  I did get engaged in 2009 and that thrills me to pieces still....but the rest was really blah.  I'm ready to start 2010 and go gung ho on my wedding planning.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio

Re: New Years

• Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear you Kelly...2009 was tough.  We lost my step-dad the previous October...and then this year my real dad passed away too.  Too many losses way too close together.

So we are welcoming 2010 as a year of beginnings, happiness, love, and success.  And we figured what better way to start it off than by having some fun! 

We have reservations at Castaway Bay and will ring in 2010 sitting in the hot tubs! SWEET!!!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you both! 2009 was crazy here too. Though I did not lose anyone close, (I'm sorry for your losses nyrek!) we moved from Toledo to South Carolina. It's so hard to just...go out there and make friends! Especially when I didn't have a job for several months after moving down. Luckily we found a puppy and though he's super annoying (haha) taking him out every 2 minutes helped me make a couple friends. We'll be spending New Years with them!   Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm glad to see some responses.  Thank you girls!  I sometimes feel like I'm betraying by chatting on the Detroit boards all the time!  No way better to avoid work than The Knot! 

We are planning on just having another couple over and making a nice dinner, some drinks and playing some cards.  This is the first time as a couple we are staying in the area.  We normally travel somewere to celebrate.  But, end up in bed before midnight, so we decided to save the money this year.

Nyrek - that sounds like such a hard year.  Here's to an awesome 2010 for you!  Hot Tubbing at castaway bay sounds soo good.  A perfect way to start.   Are you going with many people?  I love your travel theme wedding idea.   Awesome idea!   Can you send me the link for your website?

Puccle!!  We just got a new puppy too!  Last Saturday.  I'm starting to think I'll never be able to have kids.  I have zero patience and am ready to go insane with the puppy.  We've been talking about how bad we went to move down to the Caorlina's too.  How funny.  For us, it's just to get away from this winter weather though.  Anywho, are you guys going out or staying in for it?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards