Ohio-Toledo

Reception Site that Allows Outside Catering

I'm having a real issue finding a location that allows an outside catering service for the reception and my fiance's heart is SET on having Inky's cater.  (I don't have the heart to tell him no since it's the only thing he seems to care about for some reason.) Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Reception Site that Allows Outside Catering

• edited December 2011

There's a union hall over by Bass Pro that allows outside catering.  I'm not sure of the name of it or what union it is, but the building is actually really nice.  It's our back up plan if our reception site falls through.

Also, Space237 allows receptions and you can use outside catering.

If I think of anymore I'll let ya know!

What is Inky's catering?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Inky's is an Italian place on Detroit in Toledo. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look them up!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not positive on these, but I think that the Franciscan Center at Lourdes College does.

You could check out the Ward Pavillion at Wildwood (or the buildings at any of the Toledo Metroparks, actually... http://www.metroparkstoledo.com/metro/whattodo/index.asp?page_id=550)
  • edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure St. George Orthodox Cathedral's reception hall does. I am having my reception there because we needed a family caterer to do ours. It's large and you can do a lot with it. (You don't have to be a member of the church. We are not.) It's located in Rossford, off of the Buck Road Exit.
  • edited December 2011
    St. George Orthodox does allow outside catering....my friend had her wedding there because of it.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception on the 29th next month at the lodge in holland...its a new building they built in strawberry park right on mccord....its really nice in there. they have 2 fireplaces and it seats i think around 250 we are only having about 120 guest but we rented the entire hall just for the extra space...for the buffet tables, cake, gift, dj etc. It rents for 500 with a 400 dollar deposit that you get back the day after the event.
  • Linds565Linds565 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Fransican Center at Lourdes, St. George Othordow in Rossford, Stranahan Great Hall, and  SeaGate Center all allow bringing in outside caterers. The problem is, some places have a certain list of their "preferred caterers." If your caterer is not on their list, expect to pay about 10% more to bring them in. You also need to make sure the caterer is insured and has proof they are willing to show you. Hope that helps.

• edited December 2011
    Anyone have the name or number for the hall by Bass Pro?? I am really interested.
  • edited December 2011
    I found the name!!  Lakeview Banquet Center    Hopefully that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Lakeview does not allow you to bring in your own caterer -- you have to use Premier Catering.

Other places that allow your own caterer:

Conn-Weissenberger on Alexis
    Any American Legion
    The Franciscan Center in Sylvania
    The Knights of Columbus hall on Secor
    St Clement's on Tremainsville
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I must be wrong on the name then.  Sorry :(
  • bbn2011bbn2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stranahan Theater (in Maumee) allows outside catering.
  • edited December 2011
    Monclova Community Center allows outside catering.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards