Ohio-Toledo

AWFUL hair trial - don't go to Reve!

Hi!

I am writing to warn all the future brides out there of my recent awful experience at Reve for my hair trial.  I had my trial with one of the master hairstylists.  We knew shes expensive but my mom said its worth it cause she'll do a good job and is experienced.   
So first, she seemed rushed the entire time during my trial.  I told her what I wanted yet instead of listening she gave me a poof on the top of my head that resembled Snooky or Amy Winehouse hair......not my style at all!  And she said multiple times for me to tell her if I"m not liking something she is doing.  So naturally my mom and I were vocal about not liking this hair style which resembled a cheap prom up-do.  She responded with "wear it home and I'm sure it'll grow on you".  NO! its my wedding!  I'm not going to deal with a hair stylist who refuses to change the style to my liking and says I will learn to love the up-do she did for me.   Anyways, it was a complete waste of time and money.  I highly do not recommend going to Reve for wedding up-dos!!!

Re: AWFUL hair trial - don't go to Reve!

• edited December 2011
    I would call and get your money back!!!
  • dot36dot36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    does anyone have any experience with David Broadway for wedding up-dos and makeup??  thanks!
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry your trial turned out terribly, how awful :(

We used Danyll from Studio 54 on Monroe St and she was great!

Good luck :) 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • literarymuseliterarymuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Sandi from Tievoli Salon in Perrysburg. She did my hair, my mom's hair, and my sister's hair (MOH). Her sister did all my other BMs' hair, and everything turned out great. Maybe check them out? I don't know how their prices compare to everyone else, but I think we were charged $45 per person.
  • edited December 2011
    I've never heard anything bad about David Broadway.

I had my hair done at Attitudes (the one on Heatherdowns) by Deidre and I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience.  Sarah (at the same salon) did my hair for my Rock the Dress (Deidre was booked) and she did awesome too!  If you are looking for a salon in Sylvania, there is an Attitudes there also, I would assume it is the same quality.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I had my hair done at Definitions in Maumee for a friends wedding. Unfortunately I can't remember the girls name. :( She made my hair look EXACLY like the picture I brought in and only charged me $40!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards