Ohio-Toledo
Options

Married June 12th. Wedding Vendor Reviews!!

Ceremony: We had our ceremony at the clocktower pavilion in front of the Hilton Garden Inn in Perrysburg, Ohio.  We were worried about rain (and heat since it was about 90 degrees) but everything turned out perfectly.  A few sprinkles on the way down the aisle and then it stopped.  Ceremony was set up perfectly.  Rented chairs through Meredith Party Rentals.
Cake: Used Eston's bakery for our cake.  Tasted and looked great.  My husband thinks it looked lopsided but he is a carpenter for a living so of course he will look at things like that.  I did not notice it and was pleased with it.
Flowers: Used Jamie from Bookay Boutique who did an amazing jobs with our calla lily bouquets and our centerpieces.  She worked very hard as our flowers died the night before the wedding but still pulled through and made everything turn out amazing and replaced the flowers with no extra cost.  She also did my chair covers, table runners, menus, placecards, and table numbers.  Took a lot of the load off me and turned out exactly how I wanted it.  Most prompt to respond of all my vendors.  Would recommend her to anyone.
Photographer: We used Carol Alspaugh for our photography.  She is amazing and very reasonably priced.  Not all of our pictures our completed but a few of them our on my facebook page (just message me and I can send you a link).  They are looking great so far.  Very natural style which I love.
DJ: We used Mr. Entertainer for our DJ out of Sylvania, OH.  He is a family friend of my husband's and did an amazing job.  He helped to make sure the night went smoothly and that everything was in the order that I wanted it even though the caterers were trying to push me to do a different order.
Reception: We had our reception at the HIlton Garden Inn.  Food was amazing, however they did not give our head table the right appetizers.  I guess the rest of our guests got the right ones but not the head table.  They switched them with the other wedding that was going on the same night so make sure to be careful if there are 2 weddings there if you book that way.  Only other complaint I have about the HIlton is that when I picked up my sand ceremony vase, my vase was broken.  Just a chip out of the glass but the stopper.  It is not replaceable since the sand is a symbol of that day and you can't repour it into another one so that was a huge disappointment.  Caterers were pushy for me to have the cake cut much earlier than I liked because they wanted to be done.  DJ took care of that and made them wait until I was ready.  Everything else went smoothly.  Everyone seemed to love the food, the bar, and the wait staff was all great and receptive to the needs (other than the pressure of cutting the cake early).

Hope that helps all of you ladies.  I am sure I forgot some vendors so anything else you want to hear about let me know.

Re: Married June 12th. Wedding Vendor Reviews!!

• Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like your day turned out amazing!  That is weird about the appetizers getting mixed up, but hopefully they were still yummy.  Sorry to hear about your vase. I wonder how it got chipped.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congratulations!   I'm impressed that your vendor reviews are done... I sitll need to do mine.  Do you have any pics to share with us?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Abbeylynne who made your cake?! I love it!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So good to hear about HGI! We are getting married there on October 9!

How is it that you guys had different appetizers for head table and then for guests? Did you choose not to do the cocktail hour?

Let me know if you get th chance, we meet with Jenny in a few weeks to discuss the actual day of the wedding! Thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I, as well as the bridal party, did not attend the cocktail hour as we were taking pictures and driving in our limo so I had the Hilton make a plate up and put them at our head table.  However, they got them mixed up with the other wedding that was going on that same day and gave us the wrong ones. 
    I am not good at loading pictures on here but if you want to see pictures of an outdoor HGI ceremony/reception as well as of my vendors, my photographer's website is www.ca-photo.org and you go to online photo gallery and Erin and Mark's wedding to view the pics.  :)  Let me know if I can help you ladies with anything else.  Happy Planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards