Ohio-Toledo
Options

Dresses

Where did you buy your dress?  How about your bridesmaid dresses?  Has anyone bought your dresses online?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Dresses

• Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both my dress and the BM dresses came from David's Bridal.  

I'd personally be too nervous to buy a dress online unless I had seen that actual dress in person / tried it on first. 
    I know that the style of dress I *thought* I wanted actually ended up being pretty unflattering on me, and I would have been really upset if I had ordered one online and had it look like crap on me, lol.
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress through Atlas, but only because they were the only local dealer for Maggie Sottero dresses.  I had shopped at David's Bridal and actually got much better attention and service there.  Like Merin said, I was too afraid to buy something online for myself.

My bridesmaid dressed we found on sale at Dillards!  Don't limit yourself to the bridal shops...we shopped right after prom season and got great deals!  Floor length black satin dresses, they have a little extra length in the back to give the appearance of a mini-train,  rhinestone accents on the front...they're stunning on the girls!  Got them for $79.00 each.

(This model must be like 7 feet tall...because the desses actually sweep the ground.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we got all the dresses(mine and bm's) at atlas bridal.  
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:5a1c7a49-c946-459c-9100-ef6479f30ff1Post:a9ed1864-0814-4118-803a-b38e66fe294a">Re: Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]... <strong>I had shopped at David's Bridal and actually got much better attention and service there. </strong> ...
    Posted by nyrek[/QUOTE]

I went into Atlas, and they were very rude to me.  Didn't really seem like they wanted my business.  They told me to look through the racks myself, and if I saw something I liked I could try it on (without having someone help me into it). I was pretty overwhelmed scouring all the racks with no guidance.

David's Bridal was way nicer to me.  I told her what I was kind of looking for and styles I saw that I liked and she knew exactly what to pull.  Gave me a slip and a bra, then helped me into the big puffy ball gowns.  Then decked me out with a veil and stuff. I ended up buying my dress at David's in Toledo mainly because the service was so much better.  I got the BM dresses there too.  Now, the david's bridal in Colorado where I actually live is a different story...
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Davids Bridal in Toledo, talk to Jan --- she was hands down the nicest, kindest, most caring person. She pulled extra chairs up for my grandma and made sure we had everything we needed even SHOES. They completley decked me out and let us take all the pics we wanted!  My grandma cried, i cried my BM cried. It was priceless and i wouldnt have changed a thing about it.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Pat at David's Bridal and had a wonderful experience.  The BM dresses were also from DB.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also worked with Jan at DB here...and agree she was amazing.  The girls at Atlas were horrible.  I never would have went through them but they were the only place to order my dress from.  :(

I hear horror stories about DB all the time on the national boards...but I think we're really lucky with the one here.  I've used DB for other things too, like cocktail dresses and stuff.  My daughter did pageants for a while and we got her pageant dresses from DB.

I highly recommend them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Jennifer.  She was super nice.  Their alterations person is nice too.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress and the BM dresses from David's Bridal as well.  I had a good experience.
  • Options
    Katiekins44Katiekins44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a little shop in Quincy, Mi called Patty's.  They were soooo nice there and carried a lot of brands that only Atlas carries.  So I went to Atlas this week to see if they had my dress and when I walked in they were pretty much like oh yeah we have it, it's over there.  They weren't really helpful and didn't seem to want to sell me a dress!  I'll be going back to Patty's!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GEEEZ what is that DEAL with ATLAS??? Man, every girl on here said they had a bad experiance! WTF! Im SO GLAD I did not go in there. That woulda for sure put me in a baaaad mood. lol

Sorry you girls went thru that.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my first try on at Atlas and I loved it.  My girl was very attentive and so much fun.  What a bummer on bad experience's!  I am going to DB tomorrow to hopefully pick out BM dress's though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Fantastic Finds in Lansing. Beautiful salon and beautiful dresses (even plus size!). Ask for Kim --- she's great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and my BMs got their dresses on their own (classic black satin was my only suggestion). Some got them at bridal salons, one from Macys, and one even made her dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards