Ohio-Toledo
Options

Need recommended DJ's.

Hi! Right now I am looking into hiring a DJ for my reception, but I want to make sure to get one that is fun and not too costly! If you have any recommendations on good DJ's in the Toledo area, please let me know! Thanks!

Re: Need recommended DJ's.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of the cost, but I've been to a few weddings were ultimate night dj's have been and they are fantastic.  Lots of fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    SarahNTylerSarahNTyler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this question bc I'm still looking, but I also have heard many good things about ultimate nights and they have different packages for ur budget...I'm pretty sure I'm going with them, but I also have heard good things about decorative sound( I thinks thats the name), but they are a bit more pricey!
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using DJ Tommy Ray...came HIGHLY recommended and so far has been great to work with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Ultimate Nights! DJ Joel was highly recommended so we booked with him! The owner Brian is very nice and gives a great "orientation" to his services!

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Rockin' Ron's DJ service!
  • Options
    Linds565Linds565 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Decorative Sounds is great. The guys name is Mike Mitchell and he is very friendly, but not obnoxious. He is also very professional as well. He did my sisters wedding and a few others that I have been too. One of the best DJ's and he really knows how to work and read the crowd. He's also very reasonable in price. He's also less expensive than Ultimate Nights.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Cliff Smithers from K100. His company is Rhythm of the Night. I thought they are pretty reasonable. If you want more information let me know.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See I thought for sure Decorative Sound was more expensive then Ultimate nights...I emailed both and thought that Decorative Sound came back with 900 and Ultimate nights had a couple different packages ranging from 600 to 800.  Anyways I'm meeting with Ultimate Nights on Tuesday so I'll let you know, but they were voted best dj by the knot!  Thats what it says on their website :)
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought Brian from Ultimate Nights was creepy. I guess what turned me off is that we started looking into things almost a year out...I was very frank in telling him that we were not planning on securing anything at the moment and were just researching. 

That guy called us every week...blasted me with e-mails...started leaving messages on my answering machine (no joke) not just to me, but also by naming my FI and the KIDS!!!!  

"Hello Keryn, Matt, Paige, and Christian...this is Brian...."

Who does that?  It weirded me out...and when we found DJ Tommy Ray...he was super cool and easygoing...no high-pressured sales...we signed almost instantly! And we're very glad...he's a lot better priced than UN. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had Professional Sounds. Doug Bermick was out dj. They have a few that work for them. He was great during the reception and planning. However the thing that I didn't like was that he called a lot from the time that I asked for info to the time I booked. Once, I booked I didn't hear from him until a few weeks before the wedding.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is really weird about Ultimate Nights I emailed them awhile back for prices...They emailed me back and then I never heard anythign from them again until I just emailed them recently because I was ready to book.  The only time he emails me is when I email him...AHHHH I hope hes not creepy!!! But I have heard nothing but good thigns about them from the brides on here...So wish me luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    decorative sounds is great that is who we are using
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards