Ohio-Toledo
Options

Short honeymoon ideas?

Soo, I start my new job in 9 days (yay!) and my wedding is in July. I will have no vacation time built up yet at that point but they have said they will try to get me more than just the weekend off. So, I'm asking if anyone has any good ideas for a short, not too expensive, mini-honeymoon (like 2-3 days) and then we would go on our "real" honeymoon to the caribbean 5-6 months later when I have the vacation time (and more time to save!). I might post this on the honeymoons board, too. I just wanted to see if anyone has any good ideas!
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Short honeymoon ideas?

• Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a "mini-moon" to Mackinac Island right after our wedding.  It was a perfect little getaway!

We stayed on the main land, in a nice hotel right on the beach.  Just two nights, but it was perfect.  We took the ferry to the island and did the sight-seeing, fudge-shopping, bike-riding, etc. and then had dinner and walked downtown back on the main land.  It was awesome! :)

We took our longer honeymoon about 7 months later and went to Sonoma & San Francisco! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mackinac is beautiful-- I could see how that would be a nice mini-moon. One great thing about where we live is that there are so many great cities within driving distance, and any of these would be a great getaway: Chicago, Louisville, Indianapolis, etc. Or if you don't mind a plane ride, Vegas would be fun! I had friends who went there for a couple of days after their wedding since they didn't have time for a full honeymoon yet. But that might not be for everyone :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just did a long weekend in Cleveland.  I absolutely love the Warehouse District there and I could give you lots of ideas for cheaper stuff to do there.  We just did a show, a Browns game, a day at Dave and Busters (most fun!) and then spent a couple days relaxing at the hotel pool in the morning and venturing out early afternoon to wine bar's.  It was very relaxing and just nice being the two of us.

I've always wanted to do a couple days in Ashtabula County Ohio too.  Wine and covered bridge area, it's suppose to be awesome.  And I've always wanted to try here http://www.thelodgeatgeneva.com/Reservations.aspx

And my girlfriend just went here with her hubby and they loved it  http://www.staffords.com/

Good luck with the new job!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Traverse City!  There is so much to do in that city and nearby.  Shopping, restaurants, beaches, spa...

If you're into wine, the Old Mission Penninsula is full of wineries.  It's so much fun to drive up and down the penninsula (you can see Lake Michigan on both sides) and taste wine all day.
  • Options
    abigirl9abigirl9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew you guys would be a big help! Thanks so much! You've given me a lot of great ideas!!!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your weddings  in July, even - Kelleys Island or Luna Pier for a long weekend? Lakes, beaches, drinks, sunshine? What else is there? :) Congrats on your new JOB!
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in PA, I am from there, but go to school at Bluffton and am going to be living in that area after we get married in July.  We do not have a lot of money for a huge honeymoon so we are renting a cabin in Logan, Ohio through Autumn Ridge Vacation Lodging.  My future-in-laws have vacationed there many times over the years and have had great experiences.  Here is the link to their website:

http://www.hockinghills.com/autumnridge/

The website is kinda outdated, but they have some pictures of their cabins.  We chose the Lazy Hollow Log Cabin. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards