Ohio-Toledo
Options

Reception ideas!!

Hi. I have never posted on here till now so excuse me because I do not know all the abbreviations I keep seeing lol. Well we got engaged about a month ago and are going to get married and have a reception in Topsail Island, NC. However, we still want to do a "celebration" here in Toledo but we are trying to find something affordable and we are going to do an open bar and hor 'derves. Every place we have found is like $7000.00 and that's a little ridiculous since we're not having a full course sit down meal. Does anyone know of a cheap place that doesn't look cheap?

Re: Reception ideas!!

• Options
    msbdumasmsbdumas member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well 1st off, congrats and welcome !
    what date are you looking at ? 
    do you want to do a reception/ party feel (with dancing, apps and coctails) ? 
    something a little more intimate ?

just for a reception/party like place, try one of the pavilions @ the park depending on your guest or you could try the toledo hall on airport hwy also try huntington center downtown. if you want something smaller try mancys, the glass pavilion @ art mesume...something of that nature. hope this helps (hth)
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    crystal025crystal025 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! And yes we are looking for reception style; dancing,drinks and apps. We were going to do a Friday since it's just a party type thing and you can save a lot that way. The art museum is beautiful but they told me $7000.00 just for the room, not even food or drinks. That's way too much. We went to the pinnacle today but that was even $7000.00 just for basic apps, beer and wine only. It just seems like a lot for that. I will definitely check out the parks, I didn't think of that! Also didn't think of huntington center either, I didn't know they had a hall there. I was also going to check out Erie st market. I went to a wedding there that was real nice. I just think for a Friday and what we want (apps & drinks), some of these people want so much! Thanks for your advice, I'll look around tomorrow! :-)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh... And September 21st next year for the reception here.
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you planning to invite?  Obviously a party for 50 people will require a different venue than a party for 400 people.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Valleywood Glof Club in Swanton....VERY reasonablly priced, great venue, and totally willing to work with you on $$$ :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    msbdumasmsbdumas member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_reception-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:6cc02c41-4cf3-4538-bb4b-e69c6af53246Post:97137d32-01a3-4b5e-b2b1-54685ff64b9f">Re: Reception ideas!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you! And yes we are looking for reception style; dancing,drinks and apps. We were going to do a Friday since it's just a party type thing and you can save a lot that way. The art museum is beautiful but they told me $7000.00 just for the room, not even food or drinks. That's way too much. We went to the pinnacle today but that was even $7000.00 just for basic apps, beer and wine only. It just seems like a lot for that. I will definitely check out the parks, I didn't think of that! Also didn't think of huntington center either, I didn't know they had a hall there. I was also going to check out Erie st market. I went to a wedding there that was real nice. I just think for a Friday and what we want (apps & drinks), some of these people want so much! Thanks for your advice, I'll look around tomorrow! :-)
    Posted by crystal025[/QUOTE]<div>yea 7000 is quit pricey...so yea like i said depending on how many ppl your inviting i would try the parks,  the event center downtown, and the huntington center, and yes the erie stree market is nice and i know somebody who had their wedding there and they said they loved it ! so good luck and let us know what you come up with !! 

</div>
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We have about 200-250 people. I left a message with the Erie St & Huntington Center. So now it's the waiting game. I'll keep everyone posted!!! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Franciscan Center at Lourdes and Stranahan on Heatherdowns you can bring in your own caterer and alcohol which can save you a lot of money, also Premier Catering has taken over Gladieux Meadows on Heatherdowns and their prices were very reasonable when I was looking for a venue.  I ended up going with Premier Catering at the electical union on Lime City Road.  Hall was $550 (unless you have family in the Union, you can get 1/2 price) food was $15.95/pp for a full meal and we are bringing in our own alcohol. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards