Ohio-Toledo

Macy's Registry

Have anyone registered at Macy's? What was your experience? Thanks.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Macy's Registry

• edited December 2011
    Can't wait to hear replies, we are getting ready to register there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011

What did you want to know? We havent registered yet. I used to work at Macy's at westfield in college. Everyone there is very friendly. I however worked in coach purses so I dont have much experience in the registry department.

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    FI and I went there to register a few nights ago and we had an odd experience.  Just was wondering if anyone has registered there recently.  
  • edited December 2011
    Oh do tell
  • edited December 2011
    I registered at Macy's at Westfield.  I thought the lady working in the registry department was a little odd.  Overall, she left us to do our thing which I liked so I thought the experience was okay.  Macy's was my least favorite place to register though.  I am not sure if it was because I went right after spending 3 hours at BB&B or if I just didn't like their selection that much.  I felt that I was forcing myself to find things to register for...we registered there mainly for convenience of our guests/families from smaller towns that have a Macy's nearby but don't have a BB&B or Pottery Barn.
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_macys-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:78e2e402-9a64-4c81-abe3-16419d510b58Post:6e4f72e6-f5a7-4574-95c7-f2019d311a4e">Re: Macy's Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I registered at Macy's at Westfield.  <strong>I thought the lady working in the registry department was a little odd. </strong> Overall, she left us to do our thing which I liked so I thought the experience was okay.  Macy's was my least favorite place to register though.  I am not sure if it was because I went right after spending 3 hours at BB&B or if I just didn't like their selection that much.  I felt that I was forcing myself to find things to register for...we registered there mainly for convenience of our guests/families from smaller towns that have a Macy's nearby but don't have a BB&B or Pottery Barn.
    Posted by krae771[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yeah...that's what I was getting at.  Very very odd!!!  Did she go on and on about the free Clinique lip gloss???  </div>
  • Team JPTeam JP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I registered in Columbus - they were great!  They explained everything well and then let us off on our own (which is what I preferred).  Also - they have this awesome rewards program that I really wasn't aware of!  I have a credit card account with them, and anything that anyone purchases off our registry, they start a gift card where we get 5% of all purchases...and then anything I buy on my own card up through the wedding date, another 10% of those purchases are added to this cumulative gift card.  Sounded awesome to me! It actually made me add a few more things to my Macy's registry :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards