Ohio-Toledo
Options

Macomber Lodge Pearson Park

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone out there has had their ceremony held at this venue, or has been to a wedding ceremony here. I am tossing around this idea to have my ceremony here. Im trying to have my ceremony in Oregon because my hall has already been picked and that is in Oregon and Im trying to keep them close :)

Re: Macomber Lodge Pearson Park

• Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I believe Cschuma had her wedding there and she has many positive things to say about them. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had an outdoor ceremony at Pearson Park and we reserved the Macomber Lodge for a back up in case the weather was bad.  We didn't actually end up using the lodge for our ceremony, but we still used it to get ready.  I really have ZERO complaints about the park and lodge, but we may not have used it to the extent that you will.

Have you been inside it yet?  It isn't THAT big, but I think you could probably comfortably accomodate about 100 people in chairs and still have room for an aisle.  The one side of the room makes a nice "altar" area.  It is pretty with a fireplace.  Also, it is up a step or two which will make it easier for your guests to see you.

I didn't make any decorating plans for it, and I was just watching the weather to see if I thought I was going to need to throw anything together at the last minute.  So I'm definitely not much help there.  One thing, if you haven't been inside yet, there is a big window (without glass) between the main room and the kitchen.  It would be useful if you were using this for a reception for serving drinks or something like that.  However, for a ceremony, I didn't want my guests staring into the kitchen and definitely wanted that to be hidden.  I just figured I would do something creative with fabric.

Where are you having your reception?  We, too, had our reception location picked out first and then looked for a ceremony place that was nearby.  Our reception was at Bayside Boardwalk.

ETA:  In case you haven't seen it yet, I dug through some of my pictures and found this one which you can kind of see both the area where I would imagine that you would stand as well as the window area behind one of our BMs and GMs.  Perhaps the window wouldn't be so bad with the light off in the kitchen, but it IS fairly large.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Reception location is the Bayside Boardwalk also :)  I think I'm going to have to have the ceremony inside the lodge. My wedding date is 10-20-2010. I really don't want to risk bad weather and dont want to pay for both sites. Thank you for your reply, any suggestions or comments are always appreciated :)
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with your planning!  If there are any other questions that I can answer about either venue, just page me on this board!

I will say that the food there is AMAZING!  Some people in our families still talk about it 2 years later.  We chose the stuffed chicken breast and the breaded pork chops as our main entrees- both were excellent.

If I were doing things over again, I would go elsewhere for the cake.  The cake didn't taste or look bad, but it was just okay.  The flavors were limited and he didn't seem interested in doing any sort of filling in the cake if that is what you have in mind.  Also, I sat down with the woman there (forgive me for not remembering names... Cindy maybe?) and we wrote out exactly what I wanted, how I wanted it decorated, flavors, etc.  Well, once I got to the reception, the cake really looked very little like I thought we had talked about.  If you do choose to go with them for the cake, I would be VERY specific about what you want and include pictures.  I would probably try to talk with the guy that will actually make it instead of the woman too.

That's really the only thing I think.  Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help! I will definately let you know if I have more questions. Who did you use as your dj?
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    edited December 2011

A friend of my FIL had equipment and did it for us for free.  We didn't really even research any companies in the area.  So I'm not much help there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards