Ohio-Toledo
Options

Venues

Hey Toledo Brides-- What do you all know about reception venues in Toledo? I looked at a bunch of different places and so far am loving the Courtyard at the Navy (in the Navy Bistro downtown on the docks). Does anyone have any experience with them? Thanks! 

Re: Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That was actually our 2nd choice.  I was super psyched at the chance of doing it there.  We eat there 2 or 3 times a week, I love the space and the location is perfect.  Every event I've been to there has been great too.  I called and left the events manager 3 messages and never received a return call.  Then the news article came out about Tom Cousino and my wedding planner informed the docks are up for sale and that I should go a different route.  If the event manager would have returned my phone calls, I would have been much more apt to still having it there though.  Please let me know if you do hear back from them.  Until I sign papers, I'm not ruling them out!  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    kayla.buckkayla.buck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about that-- I just went down there and saw it and spoke with her in person. It makes me worried if it will be for sale, but I think there are other weddings booked there next summer already, so it's not like they would just cancel on us, right? What was your concern with them selling the docks?  The space is lovely and very reasonably priced so I'm really hoping to go with them! I'll let you know if I hear anything more, good luck!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had some problems there for a graduation/engagement party...they booked another event the same night and informed us that we would have to share the bar with another event. Which meant guests from the other party would be coming into our room to use the bar. I would not recommend them to anyone.  We didnt find this out until after we had printed the invitations..We ended up going with the Toledo Club and it was beautiful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards