Ohio-Toledo

Hate Ohio Weather

So yesterday marked the 1 year until my wedding milestone and the weather was super sunny and nice and I thought - What a perfect day for a wedding - Now today more rain and ucky tomorrow too...

Am I crazy for having an April outdoor wedding in Ohio?

Oh and Happy Easter BTW Ladies!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hate Ohio Weather

• edited December 2011

I don't think you're crazy. My anniversary will be 2 years monday. The week leading up to it was 60s or so. On that day, it was cloudy, humid and close to 80. Then a few days later, it went back down to the 60s. So, you never know.

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only if you don't have a backup plan!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Arayx2Arayx2 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_hate-ohio-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:8d24bc33-d9a0-45dc-8385-02a4ee456febPost:d385dec6-9544-4259-b2cd-0c6aa0291d5d">Re: Hate Ohio Weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Only if you don't have a backup plan!
    </strong>Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

True - Lol I just came up with one last weekend. I will have to get the pictures soon for my venue location and get opinions about a building I would move the ceremony to incase of rain. Its - interesting lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_hate-ohio-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:8d24bc33-d9a0-45dc-8385-02a4ee456febPost:acb857d5-93b9-454d-95b5-f12058e858a2">Hate Ohio Weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]So yesterday marked the 1 year until my wedding milestone and the weather was super sunny and nice and I thought - What a perfect day for a wedding - Now today more rain and ucky tomorrow too...<strong> Am</strong> <strong>I crazy for having an April outdoor wedding in Ohio?</strong> Oh and Happy Easter BTW Ladies!!
    Posted by Arayx2[/QUOTE]

Honestly, yes, a little bit lol.

I would just make sure you have a SOLID backup plan, and one that you're really okay with.  Ohio April weather can be all sorts of extremes (cold, windy, rainy, etc, but also it could be nice) so I would just make sure you're really mentally prepared for having an indoor wedding, even if that's not the ideal or not the plan. 

I'd just hate for you to have your heart set on having it outside, then for that to not happen and to be really upset about it on that day.  Realize that there's a good chance it could end up inside.
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs, if you have a good back-up plan, that you're happy with, then it's totally fine.  

But honestly, ANY time of year in Ohio can be risky for an outdoor wedding. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and Happy Easter to you as well! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_hate-ohio-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:8d24bc33-d9a0-45dc-8385-02a4ee456febPost:f9f8af9a-8bfb-4962-80da-041d88bf2b74">Re: Hate Ohio Weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto PPs, if you have a good back-up plan, that you're happy with, then it's totally fine.   <strong>But honestly, ANY time of year in Ohio can be risky for an outdoor wedding. :)
    </strong>Posted by Merin[/QUOTE]

I second this!  There has to be some level of crazy in any of us choosing an outdoor ceremony!  Just go into with the attitude that your back up plan is perfectly acceptable, and you'll be fine!  That's how we handled it.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_hate-ohio-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:8d24bc33-d9a0-45dc-8385-02a4ee456febPost:f9f8af9a-8bfb-4962-80da-041d88bf2b74">Re: Hate Ohio Weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto PPs, if you have a good back-up plan, that you're happy with, then it's totally fine.  <strong> But honestly, ANY time of year in Ohio can be risky for an outdoor wedding. :)</strong>
    Posted by Merin[/QUOTE]

I personally don't like outdoor weddings in any part of the country.  I went to one in Lake Tahoe.  Gorgeous backdrop, it was sunny... However, they got married on the beach -- at NOON -- so I had sand in my heels all night, DH was a groomsman and was roasting in his tux.  The older people were passing out due to heatstroke.  And there were bugs, and motor boats, and random people watching.  The ceremony people wouldn't let us sit down early because the chairs were in the sun.  So they made us huddle around a small tree for some shade.  Not my thing...

I don't think you're crazy for having an outdoor wedding in April.  It's better than July or August :)  I know the saying is "April showers bring May flowers," but I found that in Ohio, "May shower bring June flowers" instead.  So April is less risky than May IMO.

I'd just arrange some kind of back up.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards