Ohio-Toledo

QOTD 7/21

Do you and your FI plan to sweetly feed each other cake, smash it in each other's face, or do whatever feels right at that moment?

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 7/21

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were nice to each other.  We talked about it beforehand and I did not want cake smashing.  I was serious and he knew it!  Some of our guests were disappointed though.

I think my favorite part about all of this was the part right before where my husband whispered "It's ok, I just went in the bathroom and washed my hands!"  He knows me all too well.  I'm a germaphobe and a handwashing freak!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_qotd-721?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:915073e2-f392-4f16-91ec-05f27cd696d0Post:55559354-56f7-42e4-a5a6-94fa931fa4c8">Re: QOTD 7/21</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We were nice to each other.  We talked about it beforehand and I did not want cake smashing.  I was serious and he knew it!  Some of our guests were disappointed though.</strong>
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

Ditto this exactly! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ha!  My family is VERY anti-cake smashing.  Even before we got engaged, I told FI about my dad's hatred of cake smashing, and if he tried to smush cake on my face at the wedding, that my dad would disown him. 

Fast forward to present time...when my dad told me how much money he was giving us to help pay for the wedding, he said "You can use this money however you want....but there is one condition.  NO CAKE SMASHING!!" 

I do think the cake smashing is pretty passive-aggressive and I am not really sure how the tradition started?  I would be pissed if my hair and make-up got ruined over frigging cake!! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I had a cousin whose husband completely SMASHED it in her face.  She was picking blue frosting out of her boobs, and it got all over her dress.  I do not desire this.

But... I think I will get him just a little messy around his mouth.  I want the picture of us with cake all over our faces..
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am very anti cake smashing but FI is all for it. He's got quite an advantage size wise so I'm guessing I'm getting smashed. I'd really rather not though. I want to enjoy my cake, not pick it out of my hair for 2 days.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I plan to smash cake I think....but I have a really bad feeling about this as our icing on our cake is chocolate brown....I just hope I don't get any on my dress! lol
  • edited December 2011
    I know exactly what is going to happen...

One FI's GM is like his little shadow. So we'll be up there and I will try to feed it nicely to him, he will smash it in my face, I will grab cake to hit him with, he will run, I will throw it and either the cake will hit the GM or FI will run into him.

I know he's going to do it...we've had numerous food fights.
  • edited December 2011
    when my Sister got married a couple years ago, her and her now hubby had a plan.....

they told the BM and MOH to "help" with the cake cutting (for pictures -- just stand close by) so for a photo-op they needed to be there next to my sis and BIL. Instead of smashing it in each others faces, they turned around and got best man and Maid of honor. IT WAS EPIC. They totally did not see it coming. it was HILARIOUS. then a small cake fight btw the 4 of them ensued. It was so funny, guests still talk about it TO THIS DAY. I wish i was that creative! LOLOLOL
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are not cake smashing.  But maybe just a bit of icing on the nose or something small like that.  I also question when and how this became a tradition....such a ridiculous thing for people to start doing, but now it is ingrained as a wedding thing so much that people come to expect it and get disappointed when they don't see it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    All i know is --- is that there will be RED VELVET Cake at my wedding and it had better not stain my face, hands or dress or i will be LIVID. No amount of makeup in the world can cover that up! LOLOLO
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We nicely fed each other and ended up with a little frosting on our noses and chins.  It made for some cute pics.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards