Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 7/15

Do your religious beliefs differ from your FI/DH's beliefs?  How will/did this affect your wedding?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 7/15

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Religion really has no role in our life.  That is how we both were before we met each other even.  Therefore we had a non-religious ceremony and it was easy for us.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Neither FI or I are particularly religious.  We may or may not include a religious reading in our ceremony. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I share religious beliefs... we're both Lutheran and pretty active in our churches.  We actually met at a Christian retreat.

The only way it really affected the wedding was figuring out the church and pastor.  We decided to use my church, his pastor.
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

While neither of us are active in a church, we do belong to different churches.   I'm Lutheran and he is Catholic.

When we were planning our wedding, we were told that in order to be married in the Catholic church, we would have to agree to raise any potential future children Catholic, and that is not a promise I was comfortable making.  

So we got married in my Lutheran church, by the interim pastor (the pastor we initially met with left the church before we were married) and our ceremony was actually fairly non-religious, despite being in a church.

Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our beliefs are the same so planning our ceremony was pretty easy. 
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny thing is that although we were both raised Roman Catholic...neither of us practice and both tend to steer towards the beliefs and practices of Eastern religions, like Hinduism and Taoism.  So we were both on the same page with not wanting a religious ceremony.  We did have our officiant throw in some little prayers throughout the ceremony, though, to keep both of our mother's happy. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards