Ohio-Toledo

FYI: Shaped Cakes

Thrush's bakery on Glanzman will be doing our wedding cake and mini pastries for us.  But I decided I wanted a groom's cake as a surprise for FI in the shape of an electric guitar since he plays.

I had a heck of a time trying to find someone who would do a shaped cake.  They all offer to put an image on a regular cake...but that's not what I wanted.

I called Cake Arts Supply on Sylvania to see if they had any suggestions...and they would do it!  I forgot they baked there, thought it was just supplies.  I went in, took pics of what I wanted...and they'll do it no problem.  Plus, for the full sheet cake size (so it'll be pretty big) it was only $60.00! 

Just wanted to pass that along! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: FYI: Shaped Cakes

• edited December 2011
    They are doing my wedding cake and i didnt know to ask them about a grooms cake so this was very helpful!!! Thank you so much! I think ill call them to add my "ohio state" grooms cake to the list of things to pay for! LOL Thanks again!
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Michigan cake would taste much better, though.  ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    NO WAY! Ohio State cakes taste awesome! MI cakes don't taste good at all
  • edited December 2011
    HAHHHHHHA! Go bucks! LMAO - gotta love the rivalry!
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards