Ohio-Toledo

Ceremony sites

Hello!

I am having a heck of a time finding a location for our ceremony. We have everything else booked. We are open to anything. We have thought about pearson park, an we like the waterfall location but I am not sure how walking down the aisle will work. Is there a building near by that I can come out of that is close to the sites? I dont want to have to walk across the whole park to get to our site. The flagpole site seems like it is in a big field. We are open to churches also, but we dont want to become members, and the only church we have found that will marry us wants $800! We are looking for something around 300-400. Our date is 9-14-13. Please help!!

Re: Ceremony sites

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_ceremony-sites-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:a40eccb0-c6b5-43ab-a080-3949ba2c4e9dPost:03b5ba54-fbee-4491-9d1d-98ddaf329553">Ceremony sites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I am having a heck of a time finding a location for our ceremony. We have everything else booked. We are open to anything. We have thought about pearson park, an we like the waterfall location but I am not sure how walking down the aisle will work. Is there a building near by that I can come out of that is close to the sites? I dont want to have to walk across the whole park to get to our site. The flagpole site seems like it is in a big field. We are open to churches also, but we dont want to become members, and the only church we have found that will marry us wants $800! We are looking for something around 300-400. Our date is 9-14-13. Please help!!
    Posted by srudes[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We had our ceremomy at the Flagpole location in the park.  I found the website that I used to have in my signature with wedding pictures in it.  <a rel="nofollow" href="http://colleenadam.weebly.com/ceremony.html">http://colleenadam.weebly.com/ceremony.html</a>  </div><div><span style="font-size:11px;line-height:14px;">You can see some of the pictures if you want an idea of how we did it.  </span></div><div><span style="font-size:11px;line-height:14px;">
    </span></div><div><span style="font-size:11px;line-height:14px;">We chose that over the waterfall location because we were worried that the waterfall space wouldn't be large enough.  We were planning for 100 people, and seated in chairs of course.  How many are you inviting? Since the park doesn't allow amplified noise and we couldn't use microphones, we were also worried about noise.  We chose to have the ceremony far back from the road and away from the waterfall in order to reduce the noise so that everyone could hear us.  The flagpole location also had plenty of room in that area to have a receiving line and everyone line up to blow bubbles.</span></div><div>
    </div><div>We also reserved the lodge so that we had a back up in case of rain.  We instead just used it as a meeting place and a place to get ready.</div><div>
    </div><div>Across the road from the flagpole location is a building that is open and you can sit in while your guests are arriving.  You won't get that exact same feeling as a more traditional church setting of being completely hidden until the processional, but at least guests won't be greeting you before the ceremony.  If you are renting a limo, you could also ride in the limo and have that drop you off at the road right at the start of the processional.</div><div>
    </div><div>There are also restrooms in this building which is nice for your guests.  I'm not sure how close the nearest restrooms are to the waterfall location, but it might be worth considering.</div><div>
    </div><div>If it matters, we were happy with the park from beginning to end and had no problems whatsoever.</div><div>
    </div><div>If I can give you any other details or answer any questions, just let me know.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We have a guest list of around 160 right now. We actually thought about having a small ceremony. I think I need to go there and see it for myself, because I cant imagine the road, or the building or anything. From your pictures it is a beautiful site for great pictures. we were going to go there anyway for pictures so thats a plus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards