Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

NWR - Piano?

I know this is completely random... but I am looking for a piano.  I'm a cheapa.., ahem, cheapskate, but willing to pay something (haven't decided how much yet, haha).  Anyone have a piano that's collecting dust, or know someone whole would like to get rid of one?  I'm specifically looking for an upright, hopefully not horribly out of tune, and decent looking.  That's about the extent of my requirements.

Also, any recommendations for someone to give lessons?  I grew up piddling around with a piano, but never really learned to play, and I regret that.

Re: NWR - Piano?

• msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nwr-piano?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:193c0360-519a-4d96-b5f3-ab2e1198e4cbPost:8113f3d3-4db0-40ee-9db6-2447567a83b7">NWR - Piano?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this is completely random... but I am looking for a piano.  I'm a cheapa.., ahem, cheapskate, but willing to pay something (haven't decided how much yet, haha).  Anyone have a piano that's collecting dust, or know someone whole would like to get rid of one?  I'm specifically looking for an upright, hopefully not horribly out of tune, and decent looking.  That's about the extent of my requirements. Also, any recommendations for someone to give lessons?  I grew up piddling around with a piano, but never really learned to play, and I regret that.
    Posted by angieandjames[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My mom has an antique upright piano.  We played it when we were younger, but no one uses it anymore.  She was looking to sell it a few years ago, but gave up pretty easily.  Not sure if it is because she really didn't want to part with it, or just didn't care enought to start a more tedious sale of it.  I'll check with her.  It is out of tune, because it hasn't been used since we were little, but you would want to get it tuned after movign anyways.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'll ask her if she still wants to sell, how much, and get some pictures for you if she does.</div>
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking for one because my mom lost hers in Hurricane Katrina.  She had it for 40 years. I just entered a college basketball final 16 contest at work in hopes of winning a piano. They have two pianos for the winners. Right now I am number 6.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards