Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 5/26

Who are you receiving help (not financially) from with your planning, and DIY projects?  Is there anyone "helping" more than you would like?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 5/26

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did most everything on my own.  I received some help here and there from my husband, but for the most part he didn't give a hoot about whether we had red napkins or the cake flavors.  My MIL took care of choosing the alcohol since we don't really drink and my liquor knowledge is minimal at best.

I definitely can't complain, I would much rather have little or no parental involvement instead of the opposite.

I just wonder for everyone else how much of a family affair wedding planning has become?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom and my bridesmaid helped with my shower.  Other than that, my FI and I have done it all ourselves.  Now I'm saying that nicely...Out of 380 items on that cheklist...he was assigned 5.  I had to help him with 2, which means he really did 3.

However, I took a picture of him cutting the covers of our ceremony programs.  He says "Why are you doing that?"  I responded that now I can never say that he did not help me with the wedding...there's proof he did!

Laughing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents were a HUGE help with DIY projects.  We had grass centerpieces and they grew the grass in their basement, they also helped me with the rest of the centerpiece parts, the favors, the decorations, the invitations...  I could go on and on. 

A couple of my BM's also helped here and there, but I didn't want to burden them with too much stuff to do!  I'm sure they would have helped more if I had asked. :)

Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards