Ohio-Toledo
Options

tamaron country club

had anyone had their reception there or been to one there? If so what was your impression?

thanks=)

Re: tamaron country club

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister's reception was there it was beautiful and I am pretty sure they are one of the most reasonably priced country clubs in town.

She did the meal family style (platters and bowls of food delivered to each table) it was a nice compromise between buffet and served.  The food was all really good.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    joybecerrajoybecerra member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad their food was good, that's what I'm worried about. I'm curious what did entrees did she serve?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception there in November 2008 and really liked it.  The food was excellent.  We still hear from guests about it.  We did the family style service, too, and our menu consisted of the bistro filet with gorgonzola cream sauce, chicken breast with ginger teriyaki sauce, horseradish oven roasted potatoes, seasoned green beans, and the garden salad.  It's a beautiful venue, and we thought it was very reasonably priced compared to other venues in town, especially country clubs.  There was so much included in our package that many places charged extra for.  I have pictures in my planning bio and married bio if you're interested (see "Miss" and "Mrs." links in signature).
  • Options
    shelly&joshshelly&josh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding and reception there in March. Vicki, the manager, has been great with working with us. We made a list of things we wanted to try and everytime there is a wedding or function they make us a little box with the food, and we go to the kitchen door to pick it up. So far everything that we tasted has been delicious. Also, the prices seem a little too amazing compared to how much other country clubs cost...I wonder if there is a catch sometimes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For my sister's wedding I only remember chicken cordon bleu for dinner and some bruschetta as an appetizer.  But everything was good.

I wouldn't worry too much about a catch...we had our reception at Stone Oak and the prices there are around Tamaron prices.  Everything was amazing, I could not have asked for better food or service.  The only downside to Stone Oak is it only holds 150.

Maybe Tamaron & Stone Oak's prices aren't too good to be true, perhaps other CCs just charge too much.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I won $1000 off my wedding at Tamaron yesterday.... unfortunately I already booked elsewhere. She was going to draw another winner, hopefully it will be you! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just FYI everyone wins the 1000 off she called me like 4 times because I went to several bridal shows
  • Options
    joybecerrajoybecerra member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    she called me too lol I feel silly now I thought I was a big winner
  • Options
    bluebird615bluebird615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also got the $1000 off call from her. I thought it was a little weird, but my friend got married there in November and everything was fine! The food was good and the space was nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How is it size wise? I will likely have about 250 people.  I haven't been there yet and they told me they can hold up to 300, but I really don't want tables on top of each other and no room for anything else. How many people were at your wedding Britton?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • Options
    FYI...we had my daughters wedding there in may 2011. we we not offered to try the food and this is a must...if you try it and like a  certain meal and then decide to have that served at your wedding you will probably get the same quality at your reception...but we did not and ordered a special entre to be made ..(as they said we could suggest something not on there menu and they would make it) so we wanted beef wellington..not having them make this ahead of time for us to try was a hugh mistake! What we were served was probably frozen and was such bad quality it seemed like nothing more than cheap meatloaf inside the pastry shell. It was very embarassing! Also they said they would plant flowers in their flower beds and pots and did not..we had to go but and plant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards