Ohio-Toledo

Reception Venue

I am looking for a reception venue in the Toledo area for April.  Looking for a place where we can bring our own caterer and bar.  Needs to hold 200-250.

Re: Reception Venue

• edited December 2011
    Millbury Fire Hall will let you bring in your own food and drink.  It's really big and easy to decorate.
  • edited December 2011
    Franciscan Center and Stranahan you can provide all of your own food and alcohol.
  • saraslsarasl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Milbury is a bit farther out then they want to go and Franciscan and Stranahan are booked up. 

• edited December 2011
    What area are you trying to stay in?  Wood County Fairgrounds Junior Fair Building is large and you can bring in your own food and alcohol.
  • edited December 2011
    BGSU Student Union has a hall you can rent, not sure about the catering, but it is worth a try.  Maumee Valley Country Day School has a large room for rent.  Graystone Banquet Hall, but I think you have to use their alcohol.  Oakshafe Grove in Oregon, St George Banquet hall in Rossford, Toledo Metro Parks have a few places to rent, the Erie Street market downtown and Strawberry Acres Lodge in Holland.  I have a whole list of places.  This is the way I was going to go until I found Premier Catering that has a hall and food all at resonable prices. 
  • saraslsarasl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas.  They are trying to stay in the Sylvania/Maumee area.  I have called most of the places I could think of.  It seems that Premier Catering is the exclusive caterer for most venues in the area.  I did not realize that Maumee Valley Country Day had a room, but will look into it.  Thanks again!
  • panthrz06panthrz06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That list would be a HUGE help to me. I have called every country club and wedding hall I can think of in Maumee/Toledo/Sylvania and the price per plate is just too expensive. We are expecting 200 guests and the prices we have been quoted has us spending 8,000 on the low end. I'm assuming providing your own alcohol and food is the cheaper way to go but I am open to any ideas to cut these costs, other then cutting guests.
  • greshheegreshhee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had our reception at St. Joseph Family Center in Sylvania. It is a hidden gem, wooden beams inside and they allow for you to bring your own caterer and alcohol. Have to know someone who goes to St. Joes in Sylvania but other than that it is extremely cheap and beautiful
  • manderswvmanderswv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to see that list too!  

I am getting married in Grand Rapids, Ohio in August of 2012 and need to find a rustic reception location.  

Please let me know if anyone has suggestions.  

Thanks!  
  • skashley75skashley75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Lighthouse Banquet Hall is nice! It is on the water...
    Holland Gardens & Angola Gardens both off Angola Rd...
    SouthBriar Restuarant in Sylvania has a banquet hall
    Olander Park in Sylvania has  Nederhouser Hall...
    St. Joseph's Family Center in Sylvania
    Franciscan Center
    Glass City Boardwalk

Not sure if you can have your own caterer or alcohol... But these are some options
  • St. George in Rossford lets you bring your own food/alcohol.
  • thanks everyone for all the help, I also am trying to find a location where i can bring in my own alchol and catering.i will definately look into some of these places!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards