Ohio-Toledo
Options

XP: Relocating to Toledo

Hi ladies, I normally post on the Detroit board, but thought I'd get your input as well if you don't mind.... 
Fi is looking into a job opportunity that would require us to relocate to Toledo.  We've been looking at rentals online and are having a hard time figuring out what areas are the best to live in.  Ideally I would like to live in a suburb, but wouldn't mind living in Toledo if the area was nice and safe.  If anyone is familiar with the area I would love some advice/direction/ideas of places to look into.  
We are looking into either renting a house or an apt/townhouse so long as it includes a washer and dryer and lets us bring our small dog. 
TIA!!! 

Re: XP: Relocating to Toledo

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I grew up in the Watervile/Whitehouse area. I know there are a lot of newer homes in subdivisions that are for sale or rent.

Perrysburg is also super nice, and it has a lot to do, especially for younger couples. There are brand new apartments in Levis Commons and down the road on Roachton.
  • Options
    MandaJo8065MandaJo8065 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Perrysburg, that is where I live. I love it and it is convenient. The highway is close by and there is lots of shopping. We live in an apartment and have a full size washer and dryer. Not sure what your budget is but check into Arbors of Perrysburg. I know you can have your dog there. Also there are townhouses owned by private owners in the same area.
  • Options
    ejayejay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I moved to Toledo in 2005 from Sterlng Heights, MI.  I rented an apartment in Sylvania, which was nice, and I loved the area.  Slan Lakes apartments.  Perrysburg, Maumee, Waterville, Ottawa Hills Holland, are all nice.  Be careful in Toledo, it is very "patchy" with good and bad areas.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...all the suburbs are all pretty good and safe.  In Toledo...it's very true about the "patchy" areas.  If you ever want advice on a specific street or area...let us know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try looking up "Chelsea Place." It's quite nice, and located in Sylvania, good area.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for being a little late to answer your post, but it might be easier to stay in Michigan with driver's licenses, etc.  Bedford (Temperance and Lambertville) are really nice and have good schools when the time comes.  It's right over the border and you can be downtown in 15 min.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards