Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 7/19

What is one thing about your wedding that most people will think is unique?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 7/19

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married outside and we had multiple people from each side of the family say that they had never been to an outdoor wedding before.  I know that's not really unique, but it was to many of our guests. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hhmm...good question...maybe our cake.  We are going with a chocolate buttercream icing instead of a white icing.  All weddings I've been too and with talking with family and friends about all other weddings they have been to, we've only ever seen white icing on cake...so maybe that will be our one unique thing. 
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of wedding traditions that we are not following and people think we are weird for that. 

Like, I already showed FI the two dresses I have bought.  I have no desire to "surprise" him with my dress choice.  I may be wearing one dress for the ceremony and one for the reception.

I will not be doing the "somethings."  We are not having a head table or bridal party dance. 

I am having both of my parents walk me down the aisle.

And my FI's cousin is officiating the wedding! 

None of these are super unique, I suppose. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...   I'm trying to think of what we got the most comments on, hah.

Our centerpieces maybe?  We grew grass in little square boxes and used it as our table centerpieces.   And um, our best man's speech!?  That was definitely unique! :):)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it will prolly be out Wedding song. I think its going to be a little differnt and contemporary... maybe some ppl wont understand it. but it means alot to jimmy and i -- "this is the first day of my life" by Brighteyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8PAHk2HrcE

check it out and give me your comments -- thanks ladies! Coming on here and chatting with all of your really makes my day go a little faster. and i appreciate all of the comments and help you all give.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had a "competition" for our dollar dance.  as we are a house divided(i'm ohio state and dh is michigan....yes, i married the enemy!!!   lol), my dh made table stands in both school colors and had matching bowls for people to place the money in.   at the end of the dance, whoever had the larger stack of bills got the school's fight song played. 

our guests have been to weddings with the dollar dance before, but they have never been to one where it was made into a fun "competition" and all the money was donated to a favorite charity.
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how "unique" this is, but I'm getting married in the church that both my parents and grandparents got married in (Rosary Cathedral).

Growing up my mom said she would love if I could get married there, and that was the only place my fiance & I considered. We'll be a 3rd generation wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards