Ohio-Toledo

Groomsmen Gifts

Have you and FI discussed the groomsmen gifts? I kinda want to do something out of the box. Different than the same ol same ol (flask, pilsner glass, etc., etc.)

What are you guys doing? Where did you order/purchase them from?
Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Groomsmen Gifts

• edited December 2011
    We've been racking our brains also trying to find something different.  Haven't been able to come up with anything yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH chose a different gift for each groomsman.  A couple of examples...  my brother got an OSU game jersey, a friend got a vintage concert poster, etc.   It took some extra time/effort, but the guys all loved their gifts. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011

Kelly: ill lyk if i think of anything fun.

Merin: those are good ideas! For sure. I think im trying to stay around $25.00 or less.

Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my bridesmaids gifts, I went to Things Remembered and bought everyone their gift and had a personalized message engraved on it.  I gave each person something that I thought they would like: a snow globe, a bracelet, a photo frame.

Now my husband thought that these were good ideas and kind of copied... he went and got each of his brothers a key chain and had messages engraved on those.

My advice would be to shop for each of them like it was their birthday.  This should be easy to do with a $25pp budget.  Perhaps a gift card to their favorite restaurant?  Bottle of whiskey, vodka, or some other favorite alcohol? Sports-team memorabilia?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

We got personalized coolers (it looked like a duffel bag, but it was a cooler) online and then we are going to go to Andersons and get some unique beers to put in each cooler for the guys.  If you want to make that a cheaper option you could just find some regular coolers at Target or something and put each guy's favorite beer in it.

A restaurant gift card is nice too.  If we are being honest, they are guys and most guys won't even think about the thought that goes into a gift and would appreciate a giftcard or bottle of liquor as much as something you put a lot of time and thought into.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bestman got married in July, and he had mentioned how he would *LOVE* to get a a pocket watch.  So FI and I are getting him a pocket watch for his gift.  We plan on getting this from Things Remembered.

My brother (groomsman) loves this beer that is brewed in the town I live in, and you can't get it in Toledo. So, I am going to the brewery to get him some of his favorite beer bottled fresh.  I think he'll go bananas.

Now bridesmaid gifts...I'm stuck on.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we got the gm's bolo ties to wear for the wedding (western theme), a bottle of their favorite liquer, and there was something else that my dh got them, but i can't remember.
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance has been in multiple weddings and now has a drawer full of beer mugs, flasks, and other sorts of engraved items.  He said his favorite gift by far was when the groom bought each guy something personal, like the person above said about shopping for them like it's their birthday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards