Ohio-Toledo
Options

Wixey Bakery Question

My venue includes a cake from wixey bakery, but they told me all arrangements are done with wixey and its included in our total. So I called WIxey and asked who does the wedding cakes there and who I should make an appointment with. They told me I dont make an appointment and that they just have the stuff in the back for us to taste. Is this normal? Everyone else I have talked to does formal tastings where you actually sit down with someone and try several flavor/fillings and discuss the design. I dont want to just show up some day and be wrong.

Re: Wixey Bakery Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a tasting with Wixey and basically what they do is make cupcakes in most of their flavors and you can take them home to try.  We thought they were great, but went with a friend of the family that was cheaper.
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We walked into Wixey's and did an informal tasting there.  They had the stuff in the back and brought it out to us.  I thought their cake was delicious; they were my 2nd choice.

We ended up using Brieschke's in Sylvania because they were slightly cheaper, but Wixey's is good.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it looks like they won the toledo city papers best bakery award this year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards