Ohio-Toledo
Options

Sorry for being a PW lately - need to vent!

CN: Today has been one heck of a day.

My aunt called this afternoon and told me that she had just gotten a call from a friend of hers and the minister who is supposed to do our ceremony on Saturday got hurt at his other job. He was stocking shelves at a grocery store and hit his head. Lots of blood and he was having difficulty with confusion and coordination, so we weren't sure he would be able to do everything this weekend. Thankfully, she called back this evening and he has staples in his head, but should be fine. Crisis 1 averted.

I started trying to call the people in charge of our reception hall last Friday to confirm what time we could get into the hall to decorate on Saturday morning. When I called, I got their answering machine but it was full so I couldn't even leave a message. I figured they were/had been out of town and gave them the weekend to get home and settled back in. My mom called on Monday and got the machine too but was able to leave a message. She also called on Tuesday and earlier today, and got the machine both times.

Fast forward to this evening and we went over to my neighbors to get my dress (she was storing it for me) and see if she could get ahold of the people since she knows them too. Thankfully she got through to the wife of the guy in charge. She told her why she was calling and passed the phone to me. I told the lady who I was and that we had the hall this Saturday and I was wondering when we would be able to get in. She looked in the books and we were never written down!

We paid the deposit and signed the contract last March and I was under the impression that it was all taken care of except the balance would need paid on the day we use it (Saturday). She tried telling me that she thought we were supposed to give them a call and tell them for sure if we wanted it or not. I thought paying a deposit and signing a contract meant you wanted it for sure. No one else apparently wanted the day because they had no one written down for it at all.

Crisis 2 averted and we can get in to decorate at 8 am.

I think I'm ready for a Xanax, a good long sleep and for Saturday to just be here already!

Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Sorry for being a PW lately - need to vent!

• Options
    literarymuseliterarymuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeez... how frustrating!! I'm glad it's all worked out for you, though.
  • Options
    Arayx2Arayx2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have been furious about that. I just dont understand some people. I am glad it all worked out though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't even imagine how stressed you were!!!!  Not on the same level, but I signed a contract with my caterer for prom (I am the advisor) and he called two days ago to see if we were still going with him.  I just wanted to scream, "I signed a contract that said we were!"

As for the Xanax, I got my MIL to give me one the day before the wedding.  It didn't do a thing to calm me, there are some levels of stress that it can't touch apparently.

Good luck with everything!  Fingers crossed that you have a WONDERFUL day!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom called the doctor and he called in some Ativan for me. Hopefully that helps some.

I woke up this morning to EVEN more drama (if that's even possible). One of FI's sisters has been making catty comments about being happy for us even though she's not in the wedding. Every time she said something it felt like a dig at me but I brushed it off and moved on.

This morning she posted a lovely, and long, thing about how she got all sad while shopping for a dress because she's not in the wedding and she'll be there even though she's not and blah blah blah. One of FI's other sisters (he has 7 of them!) sent me a message on FB about how she saw it and bascially told sister #1 off for even saying half of what she did. ACK!

I agree with sister #2 completely. I chose not to have any of the sisters on my side because I couldn't just pick and choose (the 2 youngest are our flower girls though) and it would have caused more drama to have just a few instead of having none of the older girls. I also told FI that he was welcome to have any of them on his side if he chose, but he didn't.

I will be so happy for Saturday to be here and all of the details to just be what they are.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy cow!!  I probably would have been screaming through the phone at that lady after she said that they didn't have my event on the schedule.  I'm annoyed for you!  What venue is this at again?  Someplace in BG right?

If it helps any, I just wanted to share that I was beyond stressed in the days leading up to the wedding.  However, when I woke up on the morning of our wedding, I felt amazing.  I really didn't feel worried or upset anymore at that point because everything was pretty much out of my hands.  Hopefully your stress disappears on Saturday too!  Good luck!  I hope everything works out!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I would be stressed out too! Seriously, what's the point of a contract if you have to call and confirm yet again? I'm glad it worked out for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Wow that was almost a mess well be thankful everything will be fine and try to relax before the big day.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck on Saturday Chica!! I am soo happy for you! Have a great time!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards